Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

8 hours ago, Cheech said:

Every level of the defense is good.  We dont have to hope for 1 or 2 key guys to go out and make a play.  They came from everywhere tonight.

Z Smith might be the FA signing of the year.  My goodness, he does everything well.

I'll give the offense a pass vs. a crazy good Bears D, but I wont give 12 a pass.  Same BS from last year and the year before, only he has a weaker arm now.  The beginning of his decline started 2 years ago.  

What BS from 2 years ago?  Prior to his injury he was completing almost 70% of his passes, leading the league in TD passes and had the team 4-1 despite having a terrible defense and a gauntlet of a schedule (they had each of the NFC's top 3 seeds from the year prior).  

Offense wasn't great, but did just enough to usurp the #1 defense on the road, which is good enough for me.

Remember what happened last time Arodg had a great defense (granted, it was so long ago I almost don't blame you if you don't)? We won the damn Super Bowl. 

If our offense is able to get it together and this D continues to feast, watch out. 

12 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

I can’t overstate how HUGE this victory is for us this season.

MLF gets his first win. On the road. Infront of everyone. Against our biggest rival. Simply HUGE.

Not to mention, if we beat the Bears at home, it gives us the tiebreaker. Absolutely massive win.

10 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Not to mention, if we beat the Bears at home, it gives us the tiebreaker. Absolutely massive win.

Bears are gonna tank anyway.  Because I need it to happen.  I need the Bears to end the season with a record that gives them a top ten pick for the Raiders.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Anyone else hear the coach during Davis’ punt return? They were yelling, You got time, you got time; work work work. Is that normal and I never noticed?

Probably just helping him out so he made the right call on fair catching it or choosing to return.

I'm sure it happens, just not usually on a hot mic. 

A work in progress - on both sides of the ball, but primarily on offense.

Okay. Cant say it was unexpected (especially against that D) - so primary take aways:

Get back at it now on offense. Club Med is over. Time to get your executions sharpened up.

Nobody got hurt.

Our D is coming along nicely. Was putting nice, consistent pressure on Tubs w/o killing it with exotic blitz packages - and the D backs were bringing it regards "on the ball" aggressiveness. Good all the way around - and again - nobody got hurt.

Primary Division foe is a game behind us already in overall and head to head. Good.

A work in progress - but a good start to it.

Still glowing after that sweet victory last night. Defense looked good with sure tackling for a change. Didn't expect much from early season offense, but they did enough to get the win against a very aggressive defense. The scoring drive had a lot of misdirection that slowed the pass rush and I would expect to see a lot more of that moving forward. Need to be patient with the offense, but very pleased with the victory.

31 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Anyone else hear the coach during Davis’ punt return? They were yelling, You got time, you got time; work work work. Is that normal and I never noticed?

Didnt hear it - but not a problem or issue IMO. Didnt break anything off (but he will) and didnt flub anything either (which is consistent with his previous play). He played fine.