Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

WE *****¥ beat the ****** Bears whonwrte tslking so much **** it was seeping out their ears!  

Adrian ****** Amos!  Z. ******* Smith.  

P ****** Smith!

I have never been more excited to be wrong.  Then damn free agent signings going to go down in HISTORY!

Jimmy ****** Graham had a strong game!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

WE *****¥ beat the ****** Bears whonwrte tslking so much **** it was seeping out their ears!  

Adrian ****** Amos!  Z. ******* Smith.  

P ****** Smith!

I have never been more excited to be wrong.  Then damn free agent signings going to go down in HISTORY!

Jimmy ****** Graham had a strong game!

Happy to see you so happy...and maybe a little hammered.  I like a hammered Outpost!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I know Mitch basically gifted us that interception but Tramon and Amos knew it was coming, same play from earlier in the drive. 

Mitch did what most collegiate QBs do - he never looked anywhere but where he wanted to throw.  Any quality NFL DB is gonna take advantage of that.

Lots of defensive kudos being handed out and rightly so.  But we won this game with the other third...…..Special teams.  The two defenses played awesome, virtually to a draw.  Both offenses struggled mightly.  JK Scott kept us on top of field position after we escaped the first quarter.  He flipped the field when he had to and we didn't make any mistakes in the return game.  It's been so long since we've seen a defensive show from our team that folks are over looking the exemplary performance of JK.

I wonder if he can kick the rim on the court?

• Like 3

How long has it been since we have seen a Packers defense that contested so many passes and tackled guys immediately after catching the ball? Seems like the Bears had barely any yards after catch and rarely were there wideouts running wide open. I thought our corners played well, they were physical and as mentioned, always near the ball besides the one blown coverage to Gabriel I believe? I also like how we rotated that position; hopefully that continues to keep guys healthy/fresh. 

I am really excited about Savage. I was surprised how much he played close to the line of scrimmage and rushed the passer, plus he also almost had two interceptions. 

The Smiths plus Amos looked good, Clark played well, and I liked our short yardage run defense for the most part.

Lastly, I really liked how our defense and team celebrated with each other and with Pettine after the win. I love that he is on the sideline this year. It seems like they all have a chip on their shoulders and there is some great camaraderie there. 

• Like 1

I'm confused. The buzz words of the off-season were McVay and route concepts. Therefore I was expecting a lot of bunch formations and or rubs and pre-snap motion creating space for receivers to catch the ball while running away from the defense. In my mind that meant more shallow crosses and more quick hitters to take advantage of the above "stuff." Unless I missed it, I didn't see any of that. Like zero. The TD throw was a 50/50 ball with Allison running himself and his guy way too close to Graham. Another key first down was a backhanded flip by Rodgers to Williams. There were a few plays that seemed to happen in rhythm, but nothing that looked a whole lot different than last year. One play that caught my attention had receivers running 7 yards, stopping, turning, and looking for the ball. They didn't even work back to the QB. Yikes. I wouldn't exactly call that stressing the defense. And that long toss play to try to get the edge on the Bears defense ? Stupid in the most elemental way. Rodgers mentioned a few "nice play calls by MLF" in his presser. Shrugs. 

MLF said improvement needs to begin with him. I couldn't agree more. 

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I'm confused. The buzz words of the off-season were McVay and route concepts. Therefore I was expecting a lot of bunch formations and or rubs and pre-snap motion creating space for receivers to catch the ball while running away from the defense. In my mind that meant more shallow crosses and more quick hitters to take advantage of the above "stuff." Unless I missed it, I didn't see any of that. Like zero. The TD throw was a 50/50 ball with Allison running himself and his guy way too close to Graham. Another key first down was a backhanded flip by Rodgers to Williams. There were a few plays that seemed to happen in rhythm, but nothing that looked a whole lot different than last year. One play that caught my attention had receivers running 7 yards, stopping, turning, and looking for the ball. They didn't even work back to the QB. Yikes. I wouldn't exactly call that stressing the defense. And that long toss play to try to get the edge on the Bears defense ? Stupid in the most elemental way. Rodgers mentioned a few "nice play calls by MLF" in his presser. Shrugs. 

MLF said improvement needs to begin with him. I couldn't agree more. 

I'm not a huge LaFleur fan thus far, but the whole offense is predicated on being able to run the ball well and getting in 2nd or 3rd and short. They just couldn't run against that front