Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

1 minute ago, boratt said:

AR was bigger than his stat line looked tonight. First time offense. Truly great defense. No turnovers against a team that gets 2 per game. Yeah. Huge game for Aaron even if the stats don’t show it.

I was typing my post as yours came through, so you beat me to it. I agree that it was big for Rodgers to avoid turnovers, and it is not something to be taken for granted, especially against such a good defense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I was typing my post as yours came through, so you beat me to it. I agree that it was big for Rodgers to avoid turnovers, and it is not something to be taken for granted, especially against such a good defense. 

Yeah. For sure. He was calm. He kept everyone calm. That could have and in all honesty, should have turned into a panic where something bad happens but he stayed the course and grinded. Very proud of the mental toughness. It’s easy to get desperate and make a mistake. 

Edited by boratt

2 minutes ago, boratt said:

MLF has a way of really empowering and passing Credit to the team. He’s impressing me too, the way he’s constantly giving credit and thanks to the guys. It’s not all about him. I love that.

I read where LaFleur gave credit to "Gutey and is crew" for bringing in all of that defensive talent. It was also good to see Aaron Rodgers celebrating the win with Mike Pettine, who looked very much at home on the sideline. 

I thought the only thing that worried me about Rodgers was when he was passing to the flats. Same problem he had last year and was not far from getting picked off three times last night. Apart from that was a not bad performance by Rodgers, liked it that when we were pinned back near our own goal line we managed to get positive yardage. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It's hard for me to call either Rodgers or LaFleur a dud. That front 7 is bar none the best in football and it whooped on our OL today. When you're losing the trenches your offense doesn't work, doesn't matter if it's LaFleur, Mac, Nagy, McVay, Reid etc... The Bears had the same problem today, our players were getting pressures all game and it messed up all their timing. 

Teams are going to look bad against that front 7, we're going to look bad at Lambeau on offense again when we play them, they are legit. Roy Robertson Harris is what their 5th DL? He'd be our #2 and he could probably be a #1 elsewhere, guy is legit. 

That's a championship caliber defense. Losing Fangio did nothing, I could coach those freaks to a top 10 standing. Just hope that offense stays where it is because look out if it gets better.

You're right. Add the OL to tonight's duds.

3 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i feel like gary was only in on the last drive of the first half and the latter portion of the last CHI drive. 

he looked solid on those limited snaps 

i was looking for him most the night, so i'd be shocked if he played outside those two drives 

And that’s okay.

Leonard Floyd wasn’t all that scary at first. He made you wary, but he weren’t scary. 

Coupla’ years later he is a beast—

Gary seems too smart not to be able to follow the same kind of getting better curve. How exciting is it that we didn’t really need him? He can work on his game in the positive environment of a defense playing really well.

Someone posted a highlight of him running a stunt. If he could have trimmed two steps off of his loop back to the middle Trubisky never would have gotten the pass off.

I can’t really call his performance disappointing, but it does allow back-patting for those who advised us to be patient—Gary, the finished product, will take a year or so to arrive. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Greg C. said:

I'm a little surprised at the negative assessments of Aaron Rodgers' performance. I thought he played well. He was under a ton of pressure but stayed calm and appeared to stick with the game plan. He did not bolt from the pocket as early or as often as he did in the past few years. He had no running game but was able to grind out a win with some key throws for first downs against the best defense in the league. 

I was expecting the offense to struggle but was not expecting the defense to be AWESOME. I actually looked forward to them coming onto the field, and by the end of the game I was pretty confident in their ability to slam the door on the Bears. Except for a few minor lapses in this game, they contested everything. 

We averaged less than a point per drive. The offense was brutal.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We averaged less than a point per drive. The offense was brutal.

So did the rams in the superbowl. **** like this happens to even really good offenses. Yes se had a bad offensive performance, and it was against a great defense in their house when they had weeks of prep for us. If we turn in offensive performances like this the next two weeks then i will be worried. But im not too worried yet just based on last night

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snackattack said:

So did the rams in the superbowl. **** like this happens to even really good offenses. Yes se had a bad offensive performance, and it was against a great defense in their house when they had weeks of prep for us. If we turn in offensive performances like this the next two weeks then i will be worried. But im not too worried yet just based on last night

I'm not saying we should be freaking out.

I'm saying the performance by Rodgers, LaFleur, and most of the OL was lousy. 

2 hours ago, Greg C. said:

I'm a little surprised at the negative assessments of Aaron Rodgers' performance. I thought he played well. He was under a ton of pressure but stayed calm and appeared to stick with the game plan. He did not bolt from the pocket as early or as often as he did in the past few years. He had no running game but was able to grind out a win with some key throws for first downs against the best defense in the league. 

Yep... A lot of haters here just doin' what they do.

• Like 3