Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

Anyone else notice the specials night?  Not just the punts, but the kicks?

For years we've tried getting cute.  Kick it high and to the goal line in a corner.  Only to watch us lose lane discipline and there goes a big return.  End the play with a look of disgust on Crosby's face.  Not last night.  Kick it through the endzone and don't even let Patterson near it.

Punting.  Yah we pooched.  But we let him kick it as far as he can.  And the odd thing?  Lane discipline.  I saw guys breaking down and corralling Cohen.  It was a different concept than guys flying down, leaving their feet and giving up contain.

It was very odd to see!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

The last defensive play was breathtaking. He split two OL like nothing. 

It's incredible the difference between him and Zadarius and Clay and Perry. 

Like we got next to nothing production wise from them two last year, and Pettine still fielded a respectable defense! If these guys can be a force themselves, and allow more in coverage, WOW. I've said this defense is the best since 2010, and they really showed their potential to be just that,

Having trouble deciding who I'm most excited about after last night... Z, Preston, Jaire, Amos, King playing well for the first time in what felt like forever... 

I think it has to be Savage though. Kid has everything you look for in a safety. Seemed like he had a few of these in coverage last night:

Edited by Lodestar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Having trouble deciding who I'm most excited about after last night... Z, Preston, Jaire, Amos, King playing well for the first time in what felt like forever... 

I think it has to be Savage though. Kid has everything you look for in a safety. Seemed like he had a few of these in coverage last night:

HHCD would have been 15 yards away trying to tackle him

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The Smiths - 13.25 million cap hit combined this season.
Mack - 11.9 million cap hit this season
The Smiths - 30.75 million cap hit combined next season
Mack - 26.6 million cap hit next season
The Smiths - 36.75 million cap hit 2021
Mack - 26.6 million cap hit in 2021
The Smiths - 37.25 million cap hit in 2022 (9 million combined dead cap if cut)
Mack - 27.15 million cap hit in 2022 (12 million dead cap if cut)

We got two players for 2, 4, 10 and 11 million more over the next 4 seasons by waiting.  Also, we did not give up any picks to get them. 

Instead of giving up picks, we also added Gary and Savage. 

Does literally anybody still think we should have traded for Mack? 

i was waiting for you to come around to this...........but you needed to see the kids play. My thought was always to save the money. Having Mack would have been cool too. But having more pass rushers for a like or similar price will benefit us short and long term.

2 hours ago, SSG said:

What BS from 2 years ago?  Prior to his injury he was completing almost 70% of his passes, leading the league in TD passes and had the team 4-1 despite having a terrible defense and a gauntlet of a schedule (they had each of the NFC's top 3 seeds from the year prior).  

Bleeding the play clock so the DL can tee off 

Dismissing the first or second read that is open and holding on to the ball in hopes of a big play

Refusing to hit his check-down 

Never setting his feet - even when his arm is clearly weaker than it was.  He is absolutely struggling to get the ball to his guys outside the numbers and that started 2 years ago

The same school yard bs that put up just as many punts as points last night can't continue.

• Like 1