FA 2020

drfrey13

9 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

11 Mil on Schobert or 7.5 Mil on Kwiatkowski 

Personally I think Schobert is the better all round player as of right now, especially in coverage so I’d probably go there but it’s close and Kwiatkowski for 7.5 is a fair deal as he may well continue to improve and turn out to be better value. It’s a close one and NK is still a little bit of a projection at this stage with Schubert being the more proven vet. I wouldn't  argue with someone saying NK is the better option though at their respective costs.

23 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

While NK isn’t as good in coverage I think his blitzing ability is an asset we needed.  I always thought JS would be a better blitzed based on the fact he was a rush 3-4 OLB in college.

Is guenther going to blitz him enough is the real question. 

PG scheme is built off the double a gap blitz. It was the main reason why I was excited about him when he got hired cause if you got the LBs and DE's that is a blitz that puts a lot of pressure on the offensive lineman. Now with NK and Littleton at LB and hopefully better coverage in the backend we will see it a lot more.

We saw it here and there this past year but most of the time it was just a front and the LBs dropped back into zone coverage where they were just lost.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Guenther uses his ILBs showing a double A gap blitz to disguise coverages regularly. 

He does. But how often did he actually send them. I'm hopeful like every one else that it was cause of talent and not scheme. The reason the disguise didnt really fool anyone cause the linebackers rarely actually came. 

Everybody talk about make or break years. I truly believe this is one for guenther. I think depending on injuries, this has to be a top 15 to 18 defense next year for him 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

He does. But how often did he actually send them. I'm hopeful like every one else that it was cause of talent and not scheme. The reason the disguise didnt really fool anyone cause the linebackers rarely actually came. 

Everybody talk about make or break years. I truly believe this is one for guenther. I think depending on injuries, this has to be a top 15 to 18 defense next year for him 

im really just pulling this out my @$$ but maybe PG didn’t send the LB that often on the double A gal blitzes because he didn’t like the amount of pressure we were getting from the DTs.  With Collins addition and Hurst and Hall hopefully improving, not to mention NK and Littleton being far better blitzers then Whitehead and Compton, maybe we blitz more.

There might be nothing to this assertion but just looking at it from a distance we had LBs who were poor blitzers and weren’t getting enough inside push from the DTs.  I’d think for the Double A gap blitz to be effective the DTs would need a nice get off and penetration.

• Like 3

I’m not posting this to aggravate anyone i just found it interesting.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-free-agency-buzz-day-one-postscript/

“Additionally, I spoke with someone inside the league earlier today and this is what their reflections were after the first day of free agency:

1. The Raiders overpaid everybody, but they said they were going to overpay everybody.” 

2. I think we got great value with Littleton and were right on with Kwiatkowski.  Nassib was a bit of an overpay but even that’s growing on me slowly.  Heath’s deal was ridiculous.  Idk anything about Mariota, Collins, or Witten yet.

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not posting this to aggravate anyone i just found it interesting.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-free-agency-buzz-day-one-postscript/

“Additionally, I spoke with someone inside the league earlier today and this is what their reflections were after the first day of free agency:

1. The Raiders overpaid everybody, but they said they were going to overpay everybody.” 

2. I think we got great value with Littleton and were right on with Kwiatkowski.  Nassib was a bit of an overpay but even that’s growing on me slowly.  Heath’s deal was ridiculous.  Idk anything about Mariota, Collins, or Witten yet.

I thought health deal was the bad one of the group to. I'm ok with everybody else's cause we not up against a cap wall and we didnt commit money that's is going to kill our future cap room. 

It really depends on your personal with the double a gap. Like I know for the Vikings they pretty much have 4 DE's on the field. with two LBs. With the Raiders, I don't think they had the right players from top to bottom. Nassib will help a lot with the double a gap cause you can use him inside or out. 

Vikings do a lot of crazy blitzes out of that defense. Hopefully, PG can start to run the defense he imagined. 

12 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I thought health deal was the bad one of the group to. I'm ok with everybody else's cause we not up against a cap wall and we didnt commit money that's is going to kill our future cap room. 

The health move the only one I didn’t like unless we paid bank for Mariota. Witten move was whatever, would rather have brought in a wideout. Really like: Nassib, Collins, Nick, Littleton