FA 2020

drfrey13

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Quentin Dunbar on the trade block, what would you give up for him?

If one of our coaches is pounding the table, if he's a scheme fit, if everything aligns, see if a third gets him.  It opens up our draft to literally anything.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

He's been average to solid when he's been given opportunities. Better than Parker when he came in last year. I dont recall him playing on the left side much but he's a decent backup RT. Now Parker was a LT in college but was awful at RT in '18 and merely bad last year. He might be able to play a little LT though and he may well be much better than on the right but he's not had the chance here. 

Sharpe was LT in college more IMO. He played LT for us in his rookie year some...

He got a tender, he stays,  so don't understand Chicago's interest here tho :)

Just now, Totty said:

If one of our coaches is pounding the table, if he's a scheme fit, if everything aligns, see if a third gets him.  It opens up our draft to literally anything.  

I’d throw a 4th for him.  Idk if I totally buy he’s THAT good.  I’m admittedly not very knowledgeable about his play last season.  But I’ve really only heard his PFF rating being the reason for his high ranking. As a ex-pff sub I can tell you that there are tons of average players with high high grades.  

Also, Rasul Douglas from Philly is on the trade block. 

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

I’d throw a 4th for him.  Idk if I totally buy he’s THAT good.  I’m admittedly not very knowledgeable about his play last season.  But I’ve really only heard his PFF rating being the reason for his high ranking. As a ex-pff sub I can tell you that there are tons of average players with high high grades.  

Also, Rasul Douglas from Philly is on the trade block. 

Idk if I trust any DB on the be block from Philly.  🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolni said:

Sharpe was LT in college more IMO. He played LT for us in his rookie year some...

Ah, you're right! I do remember now, he wasn't the most fleet of foot but he wasn't terrible either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

Idk if I trust any DB on the be block from Philly.  🤷🏼‍♂️

I think he’d the same type of guy as Worley that so many people wanted to not resign due to his speed issues and not being able to cover deep.

I didn’t advocate for him, just mentioned I saw his name on the block.

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Quentin Dunbar on the trade block, what would you give up for him?

I don't think we are trading for players using draft picks anymore.  Are they desperate for a guard (Gabe Jackson)?  I don't know much about their roster.

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Ah, you're right! I do remember now, he wasn't the most fleet of foot but he wasn't terrible either. 

He’s a big boy lol 6’6 330... which is down from the 345ish range he was at early in his career.  Guys that big are rarely fleet of foot lol.  But he’s decent enough to be a quality backup RT or swing OT

11 minutes ago, Rolni said:

He's a RFA so teams can sign him to an offer sheet. It could actually happen since we probably don't have much cap space to match. We'd get a 4th rd pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:
7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

He’s a big boy lol 6’6 330... which is down from the 345ish range he was at early in his career.  Guys that big are rarely fleet of foot lol.  But he’s decent enough to be a quality backup RT or swing OT

Yep, if im honest he's been more than I expected and I don't have the same hyperventilation with him coming in as I do when I see Parker trotting onto the field 😁

He's been a solid backup tackle, plenty of teams starting tackles probably are not much better!

• Like 1