FA 2020

drfrey13

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:52 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

All of the above. Coop ate when we had Musgrave. Downing and Gruden didn't utilize him enough and Carr wasn't right mentally after his injuries. I also don't think Cooper ever wanted to be here. Maybe the trade gave him a chip on his shoulder but he was always so quiet and lacked fire. It was like he was subdued for some reason. No way of knowing.

I agree and would add that "winning makes everything better" other than 2016 weve been poo. coop came from bama so.....imo this could've played into it as well. how many players will line up to sign on with cincy or mia next season? probably not too many. its a shame, I liked coop but its a win / win . he went to a happier place and we got a good albeit injured safety.

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

I agree and would add that "winning makes everything better" other than 2016 weve been poo. coop came from bama so.....imo this could've played into it as well. how many players will line up to sign on with cincy or mia next season? probably not too many. its a shame, I liked coop but its a win / win . he went to a happier place and we got a good albeit injured safety.

I agree. It was a situation where everyone benefited from it all the way around. Coop since going to Dallas has played with more fire and passion, so I can see why the line of thinking of him not wanting to be here comes from, it could just be that he felt wanted by Dallas to pony up a first when most thought that was an overpay, it could be because he's featured more, is getting much more national attention, etc. Who knows. But it was time for us to move on, he was so inconsistent with the drops here at times, and they seemed to happen at the worst times. I think the injuries were a part of it, but I also think the consistent drops in big situations caused DC to lose some confidence in him and look for other guys. Even in 2016 I would argue Crab was Carr's most trusted receiver. 

I'm also extremely excited to see Abram back from injury next year. The guys seem to love him, he plays with passion, he's vocal, even as a young guy, and that really only flies with vets when they believe you can handle your business on the field. I think he's got all pro potential, we just need him to have a strong camp and stay healthy and I think we'll all be pumped to have an enforcer back there with range. 

Would like to bring in Corey Littleton and Byron Jones this offseason, two ballers I. Their prime and positions of needs. 

Cowboys and Rams both have cap issues coming up so I see both hitting the free market. Neither would come cheap, but would solidify their positions for the next 3-4 years. 

Edited by Geezy

Corey Littleton and then Shaq Thompson would be my main targets in FA along with Shaquil Barett. 

I would really like to see the Raiders attack the front 7 in FA. 

Bryon Jones will def me the odd man out for the Cowboys. Ever since they moved him to CB he has been really good. 

DT Leonard Williams 3/30 or 5/50 whichever he likes better.

CB Marcus Peters 3/30 probably not enough but he has flaws and not worth paying 15 per because of those flaws. Both are Raider fans growing up and we might get their best because of it and while in their prime years.

LB DeVondre Campbell 3/24 has been a stud and meh so 8 per is my limit maybe 3/30 just to pay all 3 the same. Lol

there are bigger names like Clowney that I’d like but we can’t get everybody we want but the first two we could if they test the market. Williams I’m playing at all 4 spots on the dline. His stats don’t show but he does his job and is good. 
These FA’s make WR a must in the 1st. Add another LB or two in the next few picks and Even bring back Burfict as a middle finger to the league to force them to act upon his return or lifetime ban that’s actually upheld.

11 hours ago, Geezy said:

Would like to bring in Corey Littleton and Byron Murphy this offseason, two ballers I. Their prime and positions of needs. 

Cowboys and Rams both have cap issues coming up so I see both hitting the free market. Neither would come cheap, but would solidify their positions for the next 3-4 years. 

Like Littleton a lot. He's a solid coverage LB that won't break the bank. Murphy is a stud as well.

11 hours ago, G said:

DT Leonard Williams 3/30 or 5/50 whichever he likes better.

Is he worth that? Is he any better than what the Raiders have now?

11 hours ago, G said:

CB Marcus Peters 3/30 probably not enough but he has flaws and not worth paying 15 per because of those flaws. Both are Raider fans growing up and we might get their best because of it and while in their prime years.

Hard pass. Peters just seems like a guy I don't want in my locker room and he's been on the decline for awhile now. 

11 hours ago, G said:

LB DeVondre Campbell 3/24 has been a stud and meh so 8 per is my limit maybe 3/30 just to pay all 3 the same. Lol

I like Campbell would be a major upgrade.

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Is he worth that? Is he any better than what the Raiders have now?

Hard pass. Peters just seems like a guy I don't want in my locker room and he's been on the decline for awhile now. 

I like Campbell would be a major upgrade.

I don’t know Campbell but i agree with the other two thoughts. 

Both guys are names and both like the Raiders but neither add much to this team, especially with their associated price tags. I’d prefer to keep what the Raiders have and add players in other areas like DE or LB. 

4 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Big fan of Campbell. Haven’t followed his contract situation, is there a pretty high chance he actually becomes a FA? Would be a great addition. Not a huge fan of the LB value in the first three rounds of this draft so getting one in FA would allow us to take the best players in the top 100 without worrying 

Teams don't typically pay off ball OLBs so goo chance. He's a gamer. 

• Like 1

Chris Jones is probably the one guy i break the bank for this offseason. Im not too sure how KC is sitting as far as cap space, but know they need to pay Mahomes huge money, after paying Hill and Clark. If he hits the market im backing up the brinks truck. The one reason why i would do so is because we are going to have so many impact players on rookie deals for the next 3-5 years that we could pay our QB and a big contract on defense. Jones and Littleton, then get ready for the draft. 

40 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Chris Jones is probably the one guy i break the bank for this offseason. Im not too sure how KC is sitting as far as cap space, but know they need to pay Mahomes huge money, after paying Hill and Clark. If he hits the market im backing up the brinks truck. The one reason why i would do so is because we are going to have so many impact players on rookie deals for the next 3-5 years that we could pay our QB and a big contract on defense. Jones and Littleton, then get ready for the draft. 

All for it if they are dumb enough to let him go. I assume they will drop players such as Watkins to get some cap space they need to sign him or tag him.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

All for it if they are dumb enough to let him go. I assume they will drop players such as Watkins to get some cap space they need to sign him or tag him.

yea big IF, doubt they let their one game changer on defense go. One could hope tho.

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Wasn't aware he was a FA. IF he is a FA, I would throw the bank at him!!!!