FA 2020

drfrey13

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

Well, this is the off-season where we see the benefits of being a non-state taxed franchise. my concern is, if money is the bottom line for guys, are they gonna get rich and stop trying? Also, with that type of character, is Vegas really a fit? It could lead to a lot of FA busts.

Vegas lifestyle was why I was so happy we had choir boys in AC/DC and the Mack attack...whoops

13 minutes ago, G said:

Vegas lifestyle was why I was so happy we had choir boys in AC/DC and the Mack attack...whoops

I think this whole “Vegas” lifestyle is blown completely out of proportion. What are the problems? Gambling? Guys could do that online. Prostitution? It’s legal there which would be better than them trying to get it a la bobby kraft. Crime? The team is leaving Oakland, Chicago and Detroit are worse and it’s not a distraction. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I think this whole “Vegas” lifestyle is blown completely out of proportion. What are the problems? Gambling? Guys could do that online. Prostitution? It’s legal there which would be better than them trying to get it a la bobby kraft. Crime? The team is leaving Oakland, Chicago and Detroit are worse and it’s not a distraction. 

24 hour services, vices with no infrastructure (no state tax) to “help” one get out of those vices. A city that not only caters to vices but relishes in it with more people coming and going than Hollywood. Hollywood is where the rich and famous become morons, Vegas can do that to the average Joe. Great place to visit but better have your vices under control if living there. 

Pretty sure prostitution is not legal inside Vegas city limits. (State ok but not Vegas lol, unbelievable) Doubt they enforce it much by the amount of streetwalkers I see on Tropicana on the way to the gym. Jeepers Creepers cover little Jonny’s peepers. Lol

I hope you’re right about it being overblown. We will find out soon enough. We’re drafting high character guys so it shouldn’t be an issue and it’s easy to avoid the strip/tourist areas. Yet still, it concerns me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd be willing to kick the tires on Jones or Orchard. 

Jones played well in the preseason and Jacksonville's DL is good. I'm surprised he's still available.

If Orchard can play a LB role, I wouldn't hate it. We're stupid thin there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

At LB.  But what are the requirements for PG's system at S because he's 6"1/211. That's bigger than Abram.

He would be the 5th DB/LB hybrid.  Do not know if he has anything left but he would have been great a few years ago.

the more i think about it, the more i want Clowney! Hed give us a legit stud at DE, can play the run with the best of em and get to the QB, Clowney, Ferrell and Crosby would be a very nice trio, id also keep Mauro.

I then would go get the best WR available in the draft, the take my chances on a guy like Dylan Moses

that would fill out 3 biggest needs with STUDS

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 1:35 PM, Chali21 said:

The problem is there’s nothing really to do in Vegas that doesn’t include large amounts of alcohol. No other city in the world is like that. Alcohol leads to idiotic decisions.

49 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The problem is there’s nothing really to do in Vegas that doesn’t include large amounts of alcohol. No other city in the world is like that. Alcohol leads to idiotic decisions.

There is a lot of stuff to do in Vegas.  There is more to do there than in most NFL cities.  The issue is that alcohol and a party lifestyle are very easily accessible to go along with those other things.  I doubt many of the players will live in Vegas year round when you could live in southern California through spring and the early summer months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

the more i think about it, the more i want Clowney! Hed give us a legit stud at DE, can play the run with the best of em and get to the QB, Clowney, Ferrell and Crosby would be a very nice trio, id also keep Mauro.

I then would go get the best WR available in the draft, the take my chances on a guy like Dylan Moses

that would fill out 3 biggest needs with STUDS

I am really starting to like the idea of signing Clowney if he hits the market.  I would keep Mayowa also.