FA 2020

drfrey13

3 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Get it done Jets

I actually don't mind Anderson. He's definitely a speedster and has some great mitts on him. Obviously, if the Jets sign him it makes it slightly less likely they go WR in the first round; I think it was dubious considering their offensive line situation.

This is from Adam Caplan

Las Vegas Raiders: The plan here, according to sources, is for them to spend relatively big on defense, while adding speed on offense at WR and depth at other positions. 

The expectation is that they'll attempt add a few mid-to-high priced players (they have interest in signing CB Byron Jones, for example, sources said) on defense.

Last year, the team signed former Cincinnati Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict due to his experience in DC Paul Guenther's defensive scheme when both were with the Bengals.

Look for them to apply a similar approach this time around. 

One LB believed to be on their radar is Nick Vigil(3rd-round pick in 2016), sources said. Not only is the 5th-year defender familiar with the Raiders defense, but from talking to personnel execs from around the NFL, he's one of the better coverage LBs available in free agency. 

While the Raiders will bring back WR Tyrell Williams for his second year, the Raiders, I'm told, want a player to stretch the field opposite him.

Williams, who played well before suffering a lingering plantar fascia injury, had his $11m base salary for this season become fully guaranteed on 2/5, a source confirmed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I actually don't mind Anderson. He's definitely a speedster and has some great mitts on him. Obviously, if the Jets sign him it makes it slightly less likely they go WR in the first round; I think it was dubious considering their offensive line situation.

I wouldn't mind Anderson either tbh. He has been productive every year of his career and has played with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, and Sam Darnold. 

With this draft class I would be looking at a complimentary piece WR in FA. We need speed so someone like Phillip Dorsett might be a good pickup at a reasonable price.

Given what we have recently drafted then I would be looking to get vets in at DE & DT to help the younger guys. Guys like Carl Nassib who is a good run stopper like Mauro. Gerald McCoys price would be interesting.  

Mullen needs a vet alongside him at CB imo so Jones and Harris are in play. If we went Harris given his age I’d be looking at a draft choice somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

LB needs an infusion of talent ideally in FA to contribute rightaway (e.g Littleton, Campbell or Schobert) but they aren’t MLBs. Burfict might be brought back and we have Compton but if so we should look to get a draft choice to learn. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

With the depth of the WRs in the draft they will probably be a lot of WRs cut after mini camps 

This is a very good point, we wont get a premier guy but some complimentary receivers who still have something to offer should be available for our #4, #5 and role player spots. RB may be another position of similar cuts.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind signing Schobert and Vigil to alleviate the need at linebacker completely before the draft. I wonder what the Vigil market will look like. I anticipate Schobert will be about $12 million per. Maybe $8-10 for Vigil (Anthony Hitchens comp).

• Byron Jones - $16 per
  • Schobert - $12 per
  • Vigil - $10 per

That's $38 million right there leaving the team about $12 million before cuts. That's quite a chunk of change. Whitehead clears $6,250,000 and Jackson clears almost $10 million. I think those guys are as good as gone.

The Raiders could then go into the draft with more flexibility. I'm thinking something like this:

#12: Having linebacker sorted gives the team more flexibility in leveraging the depth at receiving in this draft. I think there's a good chance a premier non-receiver makes it to 12. I'm not a huge fan of Derrick Brown, but I think he would be in play if he fell. I generally don't think defensive tackle is a need, but an elite defensive tackle changes life for your defense. My preference would be for Kinlaw.

#19:  Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs will almost certainly be gone, but this class's strength is at receiver and there still should be some good ones here. Reagor, Aiyuk, and Shenault seem to be the types of players Gruden would want to add. Remember, Nelson and Davis were added specifically for their speed and their ability as runners. I expect the receiver the Raiders add would be a guy they could use on jet sweeps and screens, as well as stretch the defense. I think Reagor makes sense here.

Edited by Rich7sena

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

Mullen needs a vet alongside him at CB imo so Jones and Harris are in play. If we went Harris given his age I’d be looking at a draft choice somewhere in the first 3 rounds. 

I'm praying that we go all in for Jones. Harris is a good player but the thought of paying a 31 year old corner big money scares me, even a slight drop off in athleticism makes all of the difference as a defensive back. 

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

This is from Adam Caplan

Las Vegas Raiders: The plan here, according to sources, is for them to spend relatively big on defense, while adding speed on offense at WR and depth at other positions. 

The expectation is that they'll attempt add a few mid-to-high priced players (they have interest in signing CB Byron Jones, for example, sources said) on defense.

Last year, the team signed former Cincinnati Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict due to his experience in DC Paul Guenther's defensive scheme when both were with the Bengals.

Look for them to apply a similar approach this time around. 

One LB believed to be on their radar is Nick Vigil(3rd-round pick in 2016), sources said. Not only is the 5th-year defender familiar with the Raiders defense, but from talking to personnel execs from around the NFL, he's one of the better coverage LBs available in free agency. 

While the Raiders will bring back WR Tyrell Williams for his second year, the Raiders, I'm told, want a player to stretch the field opposite him.

Williams, who played well before suffering a lingering plantar fascia injury, had his $11m base salary for this season become fully guaranteed on 2/5, a source confirmed.

not only do teams stack the box on us, because of our strong run game, I believe it is also because their CBs know they can run stride for stride with our WRs. 
WE need speed on the outside, to give the D so fear of the big play. Push the CBs back pre snap, should open up things a little bit. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

not only do teams stack the box on us, because of our strong run game, I believe it is also because their CBs know they can run stride for stride with our WRs. 
WE need speed on the outside, to give the D so fear of the big play. Push the CBs back pre snap, should open up things a little bit. 

Well our QB doesn’t throw receivers open or take chances either when 99% of the throws are by the LOS just stack the box and rush the scared QB he will dump it off or kill a gopher

Edited by Gannon12

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Well our QB doesn’t throw receivers open or take chances either when 99% of the throws are by the LOS just stack the box and rush the scared QB he will dump it off or kill a gopher

not tgoing to get into another qb deate in the wrong thread. My statement has nothing to do about a QB.
If a CB knows he is faster than a WR, it allows him to play more aggresively, because he can recover with speed.

Therefore, the CB can play closer / tighter.

If your WR is faster, it is typical to see the CBs back off, or give a cushion. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

You're hyperbole is exhausting. "99% of his passes are by the LOS" is such an extreme exaggeration to try and support your narrative.

That is so far from the truth lol

• Like 1

@Gannon12 is this biggest troll on this sub forum. We get it you don't like Carr. But we are all tired of you bringing him up in every thread as the reason to back whatever crazy take you throw out there on the subject matter that has nothing to do with Carr. Its embarrassing.

• Like 1