FA 2020

drfrey13

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Imo, there are 2 guys who are clear upgrades over Erik Harris in FA, Anthony Harris and Simmons. Simmons is probably getting tagged by Denver and AH is going to get paid. If the Raiders want to spend big on AH, i won't complain. I'd pass on the rest of the FAs at the position except maybe Jayron Kearse on a relatively cheap contract but that's more for the versatility he could bring to the D than just his ability as a S.

I wouldn't want to sign Anthony Harris, who I really like as a player and I do believe is better than Harris, if it comes at the expense of signing Byron Jones. My priority in FA are Jones and Schobert. Between those two, I expect the remainder of the signees to be quality depth and other gap fillers. Plus, the team has to sign the draft class.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

If Joyner is moving to (F)S then moving on from Joseph makes sense.  The reason I’d like to keep Joseph is the idea of moving Joyner to safety isnt concrete at this point.

I thought one of the biggest reasons we want to move on from Joseph is because Gunther/Gruden don't like smaller safeties. Joyner is way smaller than KJ. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I wouldn't want to sign Anthony Harris, who I really like as a player and I do believe is better than Harris, if it comes at the expense of signing Byron Jones. My priority in FA are Jones and Schobert. Between those two, I expect the remainder of the signees to be quality depth and other gap fillers. Plus, the team has to sign the draft class.

I agree. Not necessarily about signing Jones but the priority shouldn't be to spend big on Anthony Harris when we have more pressing needs to fill.

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

We’re one week away from the madness beginning. Cannot wait. 

Y’all over hyping Harris like y’all do with PJ Hall and Karl Joseph

No one else is *hyping* Harris but me. More importantly, no one else has apparently evaluated Harris but me. But, by all means supply your own.

My assertion is simply that safety is not a compelling need. The Raiders would be just fine going into 2021 with E. Harris, Joyner, and Abram and the $15+ million that A. Harris is going to get would be better spent elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

No one else is *hyping* Harris but me. More importantly, no one else has apparently evaluated Harris but me. But, by all means supply your own.

My assertion is simply that safety is not a compelling need. The Raiders would be just fine going into 2021 with E. Harris, Joyner, and Abram and the $15+ million that A. Harris is going to get would be better spent elsewhere.

I agree with your assertion.  It's not about Harris, it's about priority elsewhere.  Harris does just fine in his role and we have the ability to improve more important areas like LB and CB.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Vic saying they feel kinlaw is too raw... Bummer.

What I think will happen:

12. Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs

19.Murray/Queen

80/81/90: IDL, CB, LB

Bonus: Vigil and byron jones in FA. I think they offer Jones 16-16.5 a year.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611048fa867717c942752

(Home run off season imo)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

If Joyner is moving to (F)S then moving on from Joseph makes sense.  The reason I’d like to keep Joseph is the idea of moving Joyner to safety isnt concrete at this point.

I think financially it's the best move, Joyner, Abrams with Harris as the 3rd safety then draft a guy with a 3td round pick. I'd like to see us sign Byron Jones and then Darquez Dennard to play the slot. Jones, Mullens, Dennard would be solid at CB.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I thought one of the biggest reasons we want to move on from Joseph is because Gunther/Gruden don't like smaller safeties. Joyner is way smaller than KJ. 

But can probably cover way better than KJ and make plays against the passing game.

11 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

All of you need to go back and watch the games. Harris played just about every snap, including special teams, and played very well. I can think of only a couple bad plays throughout the season and they are far outweighed by good plays. He matches up incredibly well in deep coverage and storms downhill against the run. He’s virtually never out of position and does a great job flipping his hips in deep zones. He can play single-high, 2 deep, and in the box. If he weren’t undrafted there wouldn’t be a question about the safety position.

I really think you guys are just googling articles about the Raiders’ FA targets and making baseless conclusions. The film does not lie.

Good post, it’s not a popular opinion but I agree wholeheartedly. Harris looked very accomplished throughout and with Joseph really coming on strong before he got injured I thought we looked really decent back there especially with Abram coming back next year. I can see us looking for an extra safety as a backup and special teamer  -  which is very underrated in these parts - but the best combination of value and talent for me is to bring back Joseph to compliment  Harris and Abram. I think Gruden really likes Harris as a ‘Grinder’ too. CB is where I’d spend the money given the option.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I think financially it's the best move, Joyner, Abrams with Harris as the 3rd safety then draft a guy with a 3td round pick. I'd like to see us sign Byron Jones and then Darquez Dennard to play the slot. Jones, Mullens, Dennard would be solid at CB.

I agree,,, I really like Kendall Fuller as the slot CB, although Dennard wouldn’t be bad.  We should be able to get either for sub 5mil

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Dream is obviously Whitehead, Vigiil and a rookie or Campbell.

I think the raiders pursue 2 splashes and 3-4 "fit" guys.

If I had to put $$$ on it, it's going to be:

Byron Jones

Corey Littleton/Joe Schoebert (pick 1)

Nick Vigil

Darqueze Dennard

(both guenther guys)

and pick 1 cowboys DL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

We’re one week away from the madness beginning. Cannot wait. 

Y’all over hyping Harris like y’all do with PJ Hall and Karl Joseph

100%. Erik Harris is decent but let’s be real here. This is why I have Depit to the Raiders in my newest mock.