Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

On 9/14/2019 at 10:24 AM, drfrey13 said:

Innocent people generally do not try to hide stuff.  

If they feel it violates a right, then why wouldn't they try to stop it from happening?

If the police came to your door and asked to search your home without a warrant or absent probable cause, would you let them?

It's also unlikely this is solely a Brown choice.  I'm sure Rosenhaus does not want anything being leaked either.

Edited by iknowcool

30 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

If they feel it violates a right, then why wouldn't they try to stop it from happening?

If the police came to your door and asked to search your home without a warrant or absent probable cause, would you let them?

It's also unlikely this is solely a Brown choice.  I'm sure Rosenhaus does not want anything being leaked either.

Funny you say that because I would have no problem as long as it was put back together the way it was when they showed up.  If I am made whole I have zero problem with law enforcment checking my property if there is probable cause.  This is what most are not getting about this situation is that there is some connection to communications with Drew during the time period he was in contract talks with Oakland and after he signed.  No judge is going to allow them to take all of his communications from whatever time period they want and about whatever they want.  It was specific about the content and time period like any other supoena would be.  I have zero to hide and therefore would not care if the cops wanted to come look inside.  If they wanted to start searching through my drawers and turning my house upside down then you better have a search warrant because I have to clean it up after.  If they just wanted to look at my phone in a court case then have fun.  Nothing I am hiding and do not break my phone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Funny you say that because I would have no problem as long as it was put back together the way it was when they showed up.  If I am made whole I have zero problem with law enforcment checking my property if there is probable cause.  

You should probably re-think that then.  No reason to ever let your rights get violated just because you think innocent people don't have anything to hide.

Just now, iknowcool said:

You should probably re-think that then.  No reason to ever let your rights get violated just because you think innocent people don't have anything to hide.

Sorry bud but these rights you talk about are illusions.  The only protection they afford me is if the police come in and find something without a warrant or probable cause the evidence is thrown out.  It only protects guilty people from conviction and innocent people from harassment.  If they wanted to keep doing it then of course I would get sick of dealing with it.  The laws have a purpose but for the police to check it out once is not a big deal.  One of my boys called 911 once when they were really small and the cops showed up to check the house.  My first thought was cooperate because I have my son in the house.  My second was they are just doing their job.  I never thought how my civil liberties could be violated.  The AB situation is not about rights however.  If it is relevant to the case AB does not have the right to withhold his agents testimony.

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Sorry bud but these rights you talk about are illusions.  The only protection they afford me is if the police come in and find something without a warrant or probable cause the evidence is thrown out.  It only protects guilty people from conviction and innocent people from harassment.  If they wanted to keep doing it then of course I would get sick of dealing with it.  The laws have a purpose but for the police to check it out once is not a big deal.  One of my boys called 911 once when they were really small and the cops showed up to check the house.  My first thought was cooperate because I have my son in the house.  My second was they are just doing their job.  I never thought how my civil liberties could be violated.  The AB situation is not about rights however.  If it is relevant to the case AB does not have the right to withhold his agents testimony.

Edited by TheGame316

On 9/14/2019 at 10:24 AM, drfrey13 said:

Innocent people generally do not try to hide stuff.  

Eh, they do sometimes. In these circumstances, I wouldn’t consider the phone record thing to be suspicious. It’s exactly what I expect a celebrity to do - guilty or not.

And honestly, you’d be surprised how many people submit to a search or willingly give incriminating information, knowing that they are 100% guilty, lol.