Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

11 hours ago, Spooky said:

You're joking right? I mean.. Tyreek Hill just got a $54m extension 

Which is even more of a joke. These guys get away with whatever they want and still get rewarded. It’s pathetic. Neither one should be allowed to play. 

10 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Are you serious lol.

What’s so hard to understand? Threatening a GM and calling him a racial slur should come with punishment. Sure, it could be argued his punishment was losing his guaranteed money but I still think a suspension is warranted by the league. 

2 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Which is even more of a joke. These guys get away with whatever they want and still get rewarded. It’s pathetic. Neither one should be allowed to play. 

What information do you have that the team, league, police, courts, and child services don’t know?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

What’s so hard to understand? Threatening a GM and calling him a racial slur should come with punishment. Sure, it could be argued his punishment was losing his guaranteed money but I still think a suspension is warranted by the league. 

Personally I think Goodell loves this. No one is talking about how poorly the PI rule change was applied. No on is talking about Hills extension. For the first time in many off seasons no on is talking about him. 

All the attention is at Brown and what he’s doing. Until the liking the post about hoping Mayock gets raped, most of the word of what Brown did was a he said/he said thing. 

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

What information do you have that the team, league, police, courts, and child services don’t know?

Nothing. It’s called an opinion. Are you really going to sit there and pretend the league always gets punishment right? Or even the courts always get punishment right? Come on. 

3 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Nothing. It’s called an opinion. Are you really going to sit there and pretend the league always gets punishment right? Or even the courts always get punishment right? Come on. 

Holy strawman batman 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

I don't think it is fair for a player to not be allowed to play (or anyone to lose their job) over an opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, iknowcool said:

I don't think it is fair for a player to not be allowed to play (or anyone to lose their job) over an opinion.

So I’m not allowed to have the opinion that Brown should be punished harsher then he has been for threatening a GM and calling him a racial slur? Or that Hill should be punished harsher for the garbage he did? Man oh man, I knew there was a reason I stopped posting here. These forums are a joke. 

10 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

No but we also know that the league’s standard of evidence  is much lower than that of law and courts yet they still didn’t suspend it. Let be real here.

You, nor I or any of us are in a position to say who should  and who shouldn’t play. If you’re not in jail then you have every right to be eligible to play. A team shouldn’t be criticised for this

4 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

So I’m not allowed to have the opinion that Brown should be punished harsher then he has been for threatening a GM and calling him a racial slur? Or that Hill should be punished harsher for the garbage he did? Man oh man, I knew there was a reason I stopped posting here. These forums are a joke. 

No, you're allowed to have the opinion.

And we're allowed to say think your opinion stinks, that's our opinion. If we wanted, that is.

Don't be so sensitive.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Who said you can't have an opinion?

You said Hill should be banned from the NFL.  When asked for proof you had that other involved parties didn't, you said it was just your opinion.  How can you not see how that is flawed?  Otherwise you're implying anyone can say anything and as long as it is their opinion, it shouldn't be rebutted.  

It is my opinion Aaron Rodgers should be released.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Who said you can't have an opinion?

You said Hill should be banned from the NFL.  When asked for proof you had that other involved parties didn't, you said it was just your opinion.  How can you not see how that is flawed?  Otherwise you're implying anyone can say anything and as long as it is their opinion, it shouldn't be rebutted.  

It is my opinion Aaron Rodgers should be released.

The difference is there is basis to think both Brown and especially Hill should have been suspended. Just because the league thought otherwise, doesn’t make it right. If you think my opinion is wrong, cool but let’s not just sit here and pretend is some blasphemous opinion to think players doing what these to did should be punished and not rewarded with new contracts. 

For the record, I don’t blame the Pats. It’s a shrewd move and one that could easily be a difference maker for them. They had no reason not to bring him in and take the risk on AB’s craziness. 

• Like 1