Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Regardless, the reason I buy the Murray hype is the amount of work they're putting into him, especially considering he likely has no shot of getting to 51. I think I read he was going to be a 30 visit. I guess we'll find out in a week

What is the amount of work they are putting in on him that is unique?

We have confirmed calls with at least a dozen guys that are reaches at #17, but unlikely to be there at #51. Maybe they like him in case they trade back or he does fall to #51. I will be floored if he’s the pick at #17.

45 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I’d pull the trigger on him if he reaches us and let him sit a year behind Dak. 

I kind of doubt the Cowboys would do it, but I think it would be smart.

It’s pretty likely that you’d be able to leverage him into more than the #17 pick in the future, and that’s if he doesn’t become the generational starter he often looked like at Alabama and you choose him over Dak.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I’d pull the trigger on him if he reaches us and let him sit a year behind Dak. 

The way you have to pay QBs nowadays, cant afford to sit your top rookie QB.

If we take Tua, trade Dak asap.

41 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

The way you have to pay QBs nowadays, cant afford to sit your top rookie QB.

If we take Tua, trade Dak asap.

I believe I am a top 3 Dak fan amongst this forum, and I do believe finding a "legit" QB is very hard and Dak has proven that. But I would still draft Tua, play Dak. Tua isn't getting top Dollars being drafted 17. Give him some time to prove what the can do this year as a player who can be healthy. Dak is franchised in the meantime. And let a year go. Next year a clearly answer will unfold as to who to keep.

One of them may fetch some really nice picks in return next year.

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I believe I am a top 3 Dak fan amongst this forum, and I do believe finding a "legit" QB is very hard and Dak has proven that. But I would still draft Tua, play Dak. Tua isn't getting top Dollars being drafted 17. Give him some time to prove what the can do this year as a player who can be healthy. Dak is franchised in the meantime. And let a year go. Next year a clearly answer will unfold as to who to keep.

One of them may fetch some really nice picks in return next year.

It's not about Tua getting top money at 17. It's about taking advantage of the cap situation. If we dont play Tua we wont know if he is our guy so no point in having g him sit behind Dak

52 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I'm guessing if we drafted Tua, Dak would sit to try and force a trade. I mean if you drafted Tua, why would you pay Dak?  The thing is with the exclusive tag another team cant negotiate a contract which makes him difficult to trade.

Sure you can. And I dont think his $31m tag number is going to be an issue, because any team that trades for him is paying $35M+

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Sure you can. And I dont think his $31m tag number is going to be an issue, because any team that trades for him is paying $35M+

So another team can negotiate with Dak before they've made a trade or contingent upon reaching a deal?  It wasn't the number I thought was a problem,  but getting all the guaranteed and number of years, before possibly giving up (2) #1's.  

Edited by SweetFancyMoses

Remember how many draft pundits and pretty much everyone here had Iowa's Desmond King as a 1st rd/top 50 pick, then watched as he fell to 5th rd ... I get the feeling this may happen with AJ Epenesa as well. His stock seems to be falling off as draft draws closer. 

BTW....the Chargers are possibly interested in moving King.