• Clelin Ferrell
    • Gareon Conley
    • Lamarcus Joyner
    • Von Miller
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Chris Harris Jr
    • Other

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Kolton Miller covered a **** ton of ground for a big dude.

He also picked up some nuance and intelligence to his game (some self-awareness too).  Dude had a tell all last season where he'd drop his head ahead of pass-block sets, and tonight I saw him in multiple occasions actually fake the head drop with his shoulders the get the DE to bite in a certain direction and then counter him comfortably to steer him around the arc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

He also picked up some nuance and intelligence to his game (some self-awareness too).  Dude had a tell all last season where he'd drop his head ahead of pass-block sets, and tonight I saw him in multiple occasions actually fake the head drop with his shoulders the get the DE to bite in a certain direction and then counter him comfortably to steer him around the arc.

He was also hurt after week 2 last year which I am sure did not help anything.

But he looks like a completely different player in all the good ways.  Makes my BDL team happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr, Jacobs, and Tyrell looked absolutely terrific. 

AB who?!?!! Hope Karma gets him big time. 

Raiders are still probably a 6 win team but that was a huge moral victory that Gruden, All the players, and All of the fans needed. Felt great. 

If Conley can come back, they can get to 8 wins imo.  Especially considering they have Richie and Gabe returning.

Full credit to the Raiders - they dominated the trenches, and Gruden called a great game plan exploiting Yiadom at CB, and our ILB play in general.    Gruden's biggest concerns are his control over the team roster / org power, but there's no denying he can draw up a great game plan, and he schooled rookie HC Fangio & OC Scangarelli in a huge way. 

Our biggest Q mark, our OL, was dreadful.    Flacco wasn't the reason we lost - but he wasn't an asset, either, especially with his lack of pocket awareness, getting rid of the ball on time, and abysmal ball placement on short throws.   Hamilton's drop was costly, but frankly, we were just outplayed (although 2 awful gadget plays, Pop Warner 1H clock management in the 2-min drive, and a mind-boggling decision to get a FG down 15 with 8:40 to go and only 2 TO's left showed some serious concerns on how advanced a HC/OC the duo are, and Flacco shares that as a vet QB too).  

All in all, OAK isn't likely any better than a .500 team, and frankly, our D weaknesses created the perfect situation for OAK to exploit with their 2 best weapons Waller & Jacobs, but until we get improvement in our trench play and a true franchise QB, we're stuck in neutral as a bottom 10 team.  At least the best players were our young guys.  Now if Elway can only exert enough discipline and self-control not to spend for win-now guys who won't make a difference (cough Theo Riddick already dude cough), and focus on 2020+, we'll be on a better path.  But yeah, 2019 is a pipe dream for contention - week 1 can be an overreaction, but that was clear in the offseason, preseason, and week 1 does nothing but confirm that.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Carr can look so sharp sometimes.

AFC West might be very tough this year (Chiefs winning it, but I mean tough to play)

Give him some continuity in coaching. I've been saying this for a while. He's a victim of the organization's dysfunction. Can be a top 10 passer in this league.

• Like 1