Week 2 GDT: Still the Browns vs. New York’s 2nd Team

NateDawg

Bounce Back  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Going forward, since we can't draft/acquire 3 OL overnight, we need to do the following more:

*Short intermediate routes. With OBJ and Landry, this needs to be the staple of the offense and our bread and butter. RAC/YAC opportunities will be backbreakers for opponents. Couple this with our OL's inability to protect consistently on 5-7 step drops, and this should be emphasized more. With Higgins/Njoku/Calloway/Hunt out, we aren't going to be able to consistently take the tops off of defenses or create matchup issues with personnel either. When they're back, we can do more motions, line up our studs like OBJ in the slot, run a TE or slot hybrid with Njoku, run a 2 back look with Chubb/Hunt, etc.

*Running the ball more consistently early on in games. Chubb is a beast, our OL as a whole run blocks well, and our offense should be predicated more on play action passes.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think the Rams are an elite team. I loathe Dallas, but they're more of the favorites to win than the Rams.

The Rams are PROVEN Super Bowl contenders. They’ve actually been to the Super Bowl lately. The Cowboys are talented, but haven’t won or proven anything in quite some time. 

Yes, there’s potential, but the Cowboys have yet to prove they can win in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rfournier103 said:

The Rams are PROVEN Super Bowl contenders. They’ve actually been to the Super Bowl lately. The Cowboys are talented, but haven’t won or proven anything in quite some time. 

Yes, there’s potential, but the Cowboys have yet to prove they can win in the playoffs. 

Well yeah, but if I had to put money on an NFC Champ, I'm picking Dallas.

Edited by BleedTheClock

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

From what I’ve seen, it’s inexperience. He’s getting confused by route combinations. We are using our safeties differently too. So it’s difficult for him to know where his help is.

He's always played man coverage. In high school, in college, in the NFL. Even in Gregg Williams' zone scheme, he was the one guy they used to man up the #1 WR 80% of the time. Now he's playing in a true zone scheme almost exclusively. I think it'll take him some time to get used to.

But yeah, he hasn't been great. He's been ok.

• Like 1

Baker needs to spend next off-season breaking down film. Watch coverages over and over and over. Booger was talking about how Williams was confusing Baker by showing one coverage pre-snap and then going into another coverage post-snap.

I think part of his struggles is the chaotic offseason he had. He got married and was hit with a lot of changes in his personal, business, and professional life.

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Baker needs to spend next off-season breaking down film. Watch coverages over and over and over. Booger was talking about how Williams was confusing Baker by showing one coverage pre-snap and then going into another coverage post-snap.

I think part of his struggles is the chaotic offseason he had. He got married and was hit with a lot of changes in his personal, business, and professional life.

I agree with that.

He looked better prepared last season.