2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

Rob Demovsky:  Mike Zimmer on a conference call with reporters at Lambeau about how different the Packers' offense is under Matt LaFleur: "It's different. The run game is different, the passing is different as well. Yeah, it's different."

So you're saying it's different ...

Courtney Cronin:  What's the trademark of a Matt LeFleur offense? Zimmer: "Screens. They love screens. All down and distances. Hurry up offense, they’ve always done that wherever he’s been. A lot of the boots and naked’s, there’s a lot of similarities to some of the things we do."

<Of this I am not a fan......>

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Courtney Cronin:  What's the trademark of a Matt LeFleur offense? Zimmer: "Screens. They love screens. All down and distances. Hurry up offense, they’ve always done that wherever he’s been. A lot of the boots and naked’s, there’s a lot of similarities to some of the things we do."

<Of this I am not a fan......>

What if Mariotta was your quarterback?

Arguably the best trait that Mariotta has is movement.

I'll bet that MLF can tailor his offense to the talent under center.

Just now, vegas492 said:

What if Mariotta was your quarterback?

Arguably the best trait that Mariotta has is movement.

I'll bet that MLF can tailor his offense to the talent under center.

Certainly hope so....but its not as if AR hasnt shown proclivity to run "un-designed" naked bootlegs.

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Comparing AR to Cousins?! 

Man, some of you guys are in for a rude awakening when AR is gone.

It's the truth though. Rodgers takes too many self-inflicted sacks, looking for the perfect read.  He may be one of the most overrated players in the NFL at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howler said:

It's the truth though. Rodgers takes too many self-inflicted sacks, looking for the perfect read.  He may be one of the most overrated players in the NFL at the moment. 

Zimmer is a defensive genius.  He's not losing sleep over someone who is overrated.

When you underestimate Rodgers, well, that's when he kills you.

The defenses that have been giving him fits are defenses that are cerebral.  Rush him, but rush him in a controlled manner who he cannot easily escape and buy time.

Sit on a perceived first read option, because you know he is hesitant to take check downs.  Whatever you did, limit the big plays and dare him to take the underneath stuff.

And even then?  He'll hit a 60 yard bomb and run hurry up when your best players are on the sideline getting oxygen.  

4 minutes ago, Howler said:

BTW...you need another post...and fast...just from looking at your post count!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Howler said:

Too which their own man. I'd venture to say most of the league would be thrilled to have that most overrated player in the NFL right now,

22 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Too which their own man. I'd venture to say most of the league would be thrilled to have that most overrated player in the NFL right now,

We'll soon find out who's wrong. If he takes another 5 sacks this week, he won't make it to week 6 at the current rate. It's in his best interest to play within the system and trust other receivers besides Adams.  

At this juncture, I'd take a 2 interception performance over another 5+ sack one. Sacks are typically negative yard drive killers and take a toll on 12's body. 

Edited by Howler