2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

3 hours ago, boratt said:

Preston 270

Lowry 305

Clark 315

Montravius 300

Zadarius 275

thats a lot of big guy to run the ball on. I’m not incredibly afraid. 

I one time picked on out hwt wrestler who weighed about 280..... super athletic freak for his size. Fastest 280 lb wrestler in the country, even won an Olympic medal........ I weighed less and could run circles around him 😁 but than again.... this is football

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

I one time picked on out hwt wrestler who weighed about 280..... super athletic freak for his size. Fastest 280 lb wrestler in the country, even won an Olympic medal........ I weighed less and could run circles around him 😁 but than again.... this is football

in his defense, you were supposed to wrestle him to the ground and pin him. Not just run around in circles

• Like 2

Just now, gopherwrestler said:
minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I one time picked on a hwt wrestler who weighed about 280..... super athletic freak for his size. Fastest 280 lb wrestler in the country, even won an Olympic medal........ I weighed less and could run circles around him 😁 but than again.... this is football

In his defense, you were supposed to wrestle him to the ground and pin him. Not just run around in circles.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Oh don't worry if you get around those guys 4 of our top 5 DBs ran 4.43 or better. They'll be no running circles around them 😎

Must be weird to be a Vikings fan and have barely any mention of our offense in a GDT.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Oh don't worry if you get around those guys 4 of our top 5 DBs ran 4.43 or better. They'll be no running circles around them 😎

Must be weird to be a Vikings fan and have barely any mention of our offense in a GDT.

I did! Actually I brought up how Aaron Rodgers to beat us needs to learn to throw the short routes instead of scramble and only look downfield. Actually brought up a convo with a few of you packer fans who thought the same thing.

is it something you guys notice too? It always seems like instead of just dumping the ball to the wide open RB, he is consistently looking down field when scrambling away. If he sees nothing open he tends to just throw it away, when 5 seconds earlier he could of hit the dump off man. 

It seems like he used to be so good at it. But now his eyes are just stuck downfield, which is good, but I do actually see it as a bit of a worry for him.

(this is coming from the biggest Vikings/Rodgers fan)

it just bugs me a lot of times when he wants 20 and tosses it out of bounds when there was 6-7 yards that were easy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

And yes it is weird actually bringing up defense for the Packers. But I have stated you guys just look so much faster than in years previous. Jaire looks fantastic, and it’s weird again to have a good packers secondary. “Yes I realized the interior 7 look good,  but they are always pretty dang decent to say the least”

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I did! Actually I brought up how Aaron Rodgers to beat us needs to learn to throw the short routes instead of scramble and only look downfield. Actually brought up a convo with a few of you packer fans who thought the same thing.

is it something you guys notice too? It always seems like instead of just dumping the ball to the wide open RB, he is consistently looking down field when scrambling away. If he sees nothing open he tends to just throw it away, when 5 seconds earlier he could of hit the dump off man. 

It seems like he used to be so good at it. But now his eyes are just stuck downfield, which is good, but I do actually see it as a bit of a worry for him.

(this is coming from the biggest Vikings/Rodgers fan)

it just bugs me a lot of times when he wants 20 and tosses it out of bounds when there was 6-7 yards that were easy.

I think there are a good number of posters that would absolutely prefer that Rodgers take the short stuff when it is available.   Keep the chains moving, stay in good down and distance.  Fine to take a shot here and there, but it cannot be something that feels like every other pass play.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I think there are a good number of posters that would absolutely prefer that Rodgers take the short stuff when it is available.   Keep the chains moving, stay in good down and distance.  Fine to take a shot here and there, but it cannot be something that feels like every other pass play.  

See and every year typically, sounds odd, but what our talk is, is make Rodgers want to “create” and move out of the pocket. He may beat us 1-3 times a game, but 75% of the time if we can’t get to him when scrambling we can cause a 4th down. Or just a dumb play from Rodgers. 

While he fricken is a genius at making something out of nothing, he also is great at making nothing out of a 3 and out.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

So I’m not saying we can’t lose this game, because we obviously can.

But does anyone not fear Minny anymore ?

Weak O-line vs our front 7.

Very good WRs but now we have 2 legit stud CBs. 

Kirk Cousins is their QB.

Great edge guys vs our book end tackles 

Not as strong up the middle. 

Davante being able to eat Rhodes’ lunch 

Years ago I thought they were significantly better and had more talent. Now, not so much . They seem like a middle of the road team.

Has Cousins ever lost to the Packers? 

Davante has never had more than 70 yards against Rhodes.

Legit stud CB's - That happened after one game?

Zimmer gives Rodgers a ton of problems. He's 5-4-1 after starting 0-3. 

Our front 7 is better and so is our defense. 

You can deal with Dalvin for real this time.

18 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Has Cousins ever lost to the Packers? 

Davante has never had more than 70 yards against Rhodes.

Legit stud CB's - That happened after one game?

Zimmer gives Rodgers a ton of problems. He's 5-4-1 after starting 0-3. 

Our front 7 is better and so is our defense. 

You can deal with Dalvin for real this time.

Fair points. But how many penalty yards has Rhodes amassed against Adams? He's always hanging on to him, usually beyond what the rules allow. It's a clear mismatch for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Did a little pre scout of the Vikings. I think they're on a downward trend from where they were 2 years ago.

Interior line is softer than butter. Bradbury got moved 5 yards more than once. Elflein is struggling with the move to G and Kline is just the most average, pretty telling  MLF went a different way in FA. All of them are 6'3" 305 or smaller. They had 1 Big run between the tackles (of which there was holding on the play side end who was in a spot to make the play)  a couple + and on schedule plays (the TD that Takk blew and some missed tackle plays) the rest were neutral or negative plays. Dalvin is a talented runner and can run through some contact, I wouldn't call him dynamic but I didn't see where he left any yards on the field. Does he catch passes?

I couldn't tell you much about the tackles from this game, they couldn't move Takk unless he was being a bonehead, Clayborn played terrible and they took advantage of that. Not many drop backs so who knows their Pro game. Last year wasn't great for them. I've been working in a town about 20 miles from where Riley Reiff was born and no one around there claims him, in SD that should tell you about all you need to know about how good he is as a pro. 

The WRs are the WR's. Thielen and Diggs will create problems.

Rudolph is what we wish Lewis was. As good as always. Irv is still an unknown to me.

Kurt is Kurt. Solid but undynamic. Doesn't feel backside pressure can sling the ball on target when he's set. Gotta pressure him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linval is another year older, while I'm sure he'll get up for this game and beast, he has nothing behind him. Their pressure packages used a ton of Mata'afa and it was bad, Ryan had all day to throw but was unable to find a place to put it.

Everson still has some juice and Danielle is a problem. The Tackles have to be on their toes.

I really wish Barr was able to get out of town, he's the chess piece. Kendricks I find on the Martinez level, not scary but not bad.

Rhodes is still the CB Zimmer dreams of, hits and covers well. Hopefully Adams can have a day off some movement, he's had a TD in 4/5 games against MN. Trae is slightly better than Tony Brown, but has similar troubles of getting his head around or tracking the ball, he can be had. The rest of the CB group is a bit hobbled, serious or not.

Harris has ballskills but he had some issue with crossers. Still better than Sendejo though. Harrison is the great equalizer, that we took Perry over him is my least favorite thing to ever happen in the draft for us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Punter was outkicking coverage all day. The Vikings really should be snatching about not paying that ST coordinator we let get out the door.

I really think the Falcons forgot to get off the bus and the Vikings took advantage of shortened fields. Some bonehead errors from Matthews and McGary being bad helped sink the Falcons into an unfillable hole. Zimmer still schemes pressure out of thin air. The Vikings are still a good defense but not on par with the Bears. All three levels still have players so it wouldn't surprise me if we struggle stringing drives together but if we don't put up 21 I'll be quite worried about the early season offense.

Against their offense if we let Amos and Martinez hunt behind our beef we should be able to stuff the inside stuff. Have to tackle well, it's going to be the difference.  Zad should legit shut his side down and if Preston keeps up his play..  Just can't lose track of Thielen and Diggs ever, doesn't take but a play off PA for them to make you pay. Zad should really have a good day rushing the passer if we can force them into drop backs. MAKE KEKE ACTIVE.

The homer in me says something like 24-14. God I hope our offense gets going. Even if the D has to be the Offense.

• Like 2