2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

From PackersWire :

Savage played tremendously well in his debut. While his hallmark play might’ve been the pass breakup against Allen Robinson, Savage showed his rare closing speed on a running play where he covered about 35 yards of field before the running back could even turn the corner.

“Technically, I’m the farthest away from the place so if I want to make a play I got to get to the ball,” Savage said about the play.

usatsi_13312494-e1567776427173.jpg?w=100

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

"Vikings center-turned-guard Pat Elflein emerged from Sunday’s win over the Falcons with a knee injury. Elflein did not practice on Wednesday, the first full day of work in advance of a Week Two showdown with the Packers at Lambeau Field.

Vikings signed C Brett Jones

This was always a possibility after the Vikings initially waived Jones during the first week of September. A 13-game starter two seasons ago, Minnesota most recently depended on Jones as their top reserve. He'll step right back into that role starting in Week 2.

For a minute there I thought that was Barrett Jones.  Didn't everybody want their team to take him in the draft? He played in 10 games.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I understand, that still creates problems. 

Certainly, but it’s been a very effective system over the years. Especially on those stretch runs, Dalvin Cook looks phenomenal in this system. Even Mattison was popping off some nice runs. Very interested in the matchup in the trenches when the Vikes are on offense. 

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

For a minute there I thought that was Barrett Jones.  Didn't everybody want their team to take him in the draft? He played in 10 games.

They did! I remember that fondly, because he was so bad. People wanted him because he played a lot for Alabama. 

Kenny Clark is already gonna eat, but if Elfein doesn't play, that boy gon EAT! 

14 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

They did! I remember that fondly, because he was so bad. People wanted him because he played a lot for Alabama. 

Kenny Clark is already gonna eat, but if Elfein doesn't play, that boy gon EAT! 

Our backup is literally just as good/bad, however you want to look at it.... so really just still a lowercase “eat”.

From The DOPE SHEET

* The Packers have scored 23-plus points in 11 of the last 13 home games vs. Minnesota.
* Green Bay has won four of the last six home September contests against the Vikings. Last year’s September match-up ended in a 29-29 tie.
* Through 117 meetings, which includes two postseason contests (1-1), the Packers hold a 60-54-3 edge over the Vikings in the all-time series.
* Including playoffs, Green Bay has a 7-3-2 mark (.667) against the Vikings at Lambeau Field since 2008.
* Green Bay is 4-1-1 in the last six home September contests against the Vikings.
* The Packers look to win their first two home games of the season for the sixth time in the last seven years.

* In 21 games as the starter against the Vikings (including playoffs), Rodgers has completed 449 of 660 passes (68.0 percent) for 5,307 yards, 42 TDs and six INTs with a passer rating of 109.7.
* His passer rating is the second highest of any opposing quarterback (min. 100 att.) vs. Minnesota (Kurt Warner, 112.4), according to pro-football-reference.com.

* Rodgers has recorded seven games with a passer rating of 130-plus against Minnesota, the most by a quarterback in NFL history against one opponent (according to the Elias Sports Bureau).

* Rodgers is the only player to have four games with four-plus touchdown passes with zero interceptions against the Vikings. No other quarterback has more than two.

• Like 2