2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Its been quite the evolution to watch over the years.
When AR was a young QB, DCs blitzed the crap out of him, but he made them pay dearly.
So they switched tactics and played more coverage, and had the rushers "contain" him and defend the scrambles.
But then AR had forever in the pocket and again he made them pay.
Then Zimmer started with the delayed blitzes, the LBs would wait a second or two and then come after him full speed after the OL had committed elsewhere.

The chess game continues, but getting the ball out quickly negates the rush and forces DCs to try other options

Atlanta did it in the playoffs to a couple years back but sent their slot guys and DBS, faster attack but always delayed. Messed up AR allot.

Raven Greene swapped out # 36 for 24, which was Josh Jones new number after he switched from # 27

"The Green Bay Packers played 56 snaps with safety Raven Greene on the field as a hybrid linebacker against the Chicago Bears, but Week 2’s visit from the suddenly run-heavy Minnesota Vikings will likely test Mike Pettine’s new-look defensive front."

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/10/packers-new-look-defensive-front-faces-test-in-vikings-run-game/

gettyimages-1172638113.jpg?w=1000&h=600&

3 minutes ago, boratt said:

Preston 270

Lowry 305

Clark 315

Montravius 300

Zadarius 275

thats a lot of big guy to run the ball on. I’m not incredibly afraid. 

Toss in Lancaster and maybe Keke as well.  Will be interesting to see if the in-actives are game plan/opponent dependent?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

The chess game continues, but getting the ball out quickly negates the rush and forces DCs to try other options

I’m pretty sure all of expected to, or at least hope to, see more of that on Thursday vs CHI but yet we didn’t.  Watching Brady mercilessly dissect the Steelers with quick passes to great success only reinforced that desire to see us do more of that.  I won’t hold my breath. 

28 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

from twitter:

#Vikings rookie center Garrett Bradbury graded out poorly (35.1) in week one, good for 31st in the league. According to PFF Bradbury was an excellent mover coming out of NC State, but struggled to anchor.

Grady Jarrett - Week 1
Kenny Clark - Week 2
Welcome to the NFL kid.

Uh oh!! Didn’t slow down their damn run game tho. They do a lot of that outside zone, so the center didn’t mess it up for them. We’re gonna have to set a mean edge and force them into the passing game where we can attack their interior OL.

So I’m not saying we can’t lose this game, because we obviously can.

But does anyone not fear Minny anymore ?

Weak O-line vs our front 7.

Very good WRs but now we have 2 legit stud CBs. 

Kirk Cousins is their QB.

Great edge guys vs our book end tackles 

Not as strong up the middle. 

Davante being able to eat Rhodes’ lunch 

Years ago I thought they were significantly better and had more talent. Now, not so much . They seem like a middle of the road team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boratt said:

Preston 270

Lowry 305

Clark 315

Montravius 300

Zadarius 275

thats a lot of big guy to run the ball on. I’m not incredibly afraid. 

Cook is a different level of back than we faced in Chicago. Going to need 11 guys to the ball. Good to have that beef up front, but going to need the linebackers and secondary to be tackling as well.