2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

I mentally prepared myself all offseason for the offense to struggle for at least this first month and that the defense would have to win the games but here we are actually having that play out and I'm still getting irrationally upset in the moment

GB a quick 2-0 in the division but holy hell can they please figure things out on offense already.

• Like 2

Lily Zhao:  The Packers hold off the #Vikings 21-16.

It wasn’t pretty, but Green Bay now sits atop the NFC North at 2-0. Two important division wins to start the year.

Aaron Jones: 23 carries, 116 yards, 1 TD on the ground. Davante Adams: 7 rec, 106 yards

Ross Uglem:  Whether you want to say it's McCarthy or not, that felt like a game the #Packers would've let slip away in the past. Not today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

I mentally prepared myself all offseason for the offense to struggle for at least this first month and that the defense would have to win the games but here we are actually having that play out and I'm still getting irrationally upset in the moment

GB a quick 2-0 in the division but holy hell can they please figure things out on offense already.

heres the thing though.

minnesota made some truly outstanding defensive plays

their defense is legit too

Just now, Green19 said:

So 2 big plays for vikes give them 13 points.... other wise defense was great again.

Can't allow the explosive gains though. Had 3 of them and had Diggs for a 4th but Cousins overthrew it. Still, holding that offense under 20 points, especially with how inept the offense looked after the 1st quarter, showed how much improved the defense is as a whole. Offense had multiple turnovers but the defense responded with a few of their own

Just now, Leader said:

Lily Zhao:  The Packers hold off the #Vikings 21-16.

It wasn’t pretty, but Green Bay now sits atop the NFC North at 2-0. Two important division wins to start the year.

Aaron Jones: 23 carries, 116 yards, 1 TD on the ground. Davante Adams: 7 rec, 106 yards

Ross Uglem:  Whether you want to say it's McCarthy or not, that felt like a game the #Packers would've let slip away in the past. Not today.

I’ve got to agree with Ross there. 

That is what made the game feel strange. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I have no idea how the Viking interior Offensive Line held up against our guys.  They seemed to play really well.

Good game plan by the Vikes and play calling by Stefanski.  I feel the Kubiak influence

I actually think we got some decent pressure, Cousins got the ball out quicker this week