Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

4 hours ago, Green19 said:

I loved the telecast because I think it was moose Johnson that was like that’s a great block... Rodgers needs to trust him.

And all I thought was if jones had a 30 jersey on ... he would of.

Not sure i agree. Rodgers has been skittish regardless of who he has back there. It's really freaking annoying. That's not the only play he did that. 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not sure i agree. Rodgers has been skittish regardless of who he has back there. It's really freaking annoying. That's not the only play he did that. 

I agree but I do think if it was Williams he would of trust it. Perception is a strong thing... it’s as simple as 30 good at pass pro, 33 isn’t good. In a split second Rodgers needs to make a judgement.

His perception of Jones is one of he can’t trust. Hopefully seeing that in film changes it but it’s hard when the dye has been cast.

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are you talking about the corner route at 6:07 in the second quarter?

may have been yes I thought it was later in the game hahahaha Ray suggested maybe 2nd QTR. That was the only play though that was like that so if you found it in the stream that should be the one.

19 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

you're just as delusional as the folks on the other side of your argument who you are saying are willfully ignorant.

Rodgers did a nice job of checking it down yesterday and taking what the defense gave him.  Rodgers can't be blamed for Allison fumbling.  

MVS is not that good.  Neither is Graham.  You like both players so will do whatever it takes to avoid putting any blame on the talent around him.

The OL surrendered immediate pressure on a lot of plays.

AR's worst play was not trusting Aaron Jones to block harrison smith.  And Jones killed it, and Rodgers killed the play.

AR was probably shocked at how good Jones did on that block.  ;)

16 hours ago, packfanfb said:

So Bulaga was dominant again this week. He's handled Mack and Hunter in back to back weeks. Is it time we start talking about extending him instead of replacing him next year?

I'd be all for that if he can show he can stay on the field for 16 weeks.  He has played great these last 2 games.

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If MVS isn't a hit like some of you guys are talking about. I'm not sure 2018 is looking so hot. That's Alexander and a punter.

2019 is looking like it's a Safety and a Guard if I'm having to call this thing right now.

We did very very well in Free Agency this year. Had some serious cap space and went out and got three legit starters on defense, two of them at premiums. Jury's still out on Turner. 

I'm also not sure we're calling LaFleur a win today. This offense has been ugly.

The biggest win of the season so far has been Pettine. 

Any time you install a new offense like this it is gonna be ugly at times at first.  One encouraging thing is we saw improvement this week.  We should also give MLF props for keeping Pettine on his staff.

15 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from the Athletic

"Kirk Cousins of the Vikings is the classic 20-20 quarterback, meaning he is effective from his 20-yard line until the opponent’s 20. But once he gets into the red zone all hell breaks loose. And as much as the Vikings know and understand this fact, he still makes a mistake. Cousins is highly managed, but on Sunday it still was not enough. "

We should be thankful MN overpaid for a mediocre QB and not a really good one or they would be more of a handful than they already are (the same could be said of Chicago...).

It will be interesting to see how Denver D's our running game.  People who know football, explain what happened over these two weeks.

Chicago:  snuffed run game outside and in, early downs and short-yardage.

Vikings:  completely snuffed short-yard running, yet largely allowed outside-zone early-down running almost all game.  

So, Q:  What were they doing differently when they were allowing the effective 1st-down runs, that they then defensed differently when they went into short-yardage?  Maybe to ask it differently, I look at the Vikings game and think "Man, other than the short-yardage plays, our normal running game was really working.  This is going to be great, and we've figured it out!"  But part of me is wondering whether it's less about us having figured something that will work against anybody and everybody, and perhaps more about the Vikes just having game-planned to tolerate 3-5 yard runs on early downs; or perhaps something about their personnel that just allowed that.  After film-study and stuff, will other teams pretty quickly have the option to snuff our early-down outside-zone running, *if* they choose to?  And figure that our passing game is mediocre enough that they really don't need to be in constant 2-high-safety and nickle-and-dime all the time, when we've got only Adams as a good target and he without much speed?  IN other words, will there be any carryover from this week to the next offensively?  Or can they pretty much take away what worked a little bit last week, and we'll need to move it in some very different ways if we want to score 3 TD's this week?  

14 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

@Packerraymond @CWood21

Reading most of this thread , I have to ask why is every thread allowed to get hijacked to a Rodgers thread. It’s so f****** annoying. 

Because the team usually goes as he goes.  If he plays great we are tough to beat.  When he screws up the offense suffers big time (I suppose this is the same for every team in the league if their QB stinks these days).