Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

7 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

It doesn’t make much sense,  but if Veach thinks he can flip Jones or Ramsey for a pick around similar value. I could see him giving up the first and a player.   

Not really sure I would want to pay Ramsey though in Spags scheme,  seems unnecessary.

I think some teams wouldn't be opposed to have him as a 1 year rental. The question is if Ramsey throws a hissyfit and demands a contract immediately or not.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What you'd expect to go along with a lot of cuss words.

Just think, PR wise, was not great for the team and odd that it'd be something they thought was a good idea.

From one person who saw his team trade away a premium player a few weeks ago, I'll say - it's probably best if you let the team paint him out as "the bad guy" on his way out. 

The worst part of trading Clowney away (outside of trading him for absolutely nothing) is that he was a good guy through it all. Very nice, understood it was a "business decision" and spoke highly of the fans and his former teammates.

Makes me so angry that we traded him. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

From one person who saw his team trade away a premium player a few weeks ago, I'll say - it's probably best if you let the team paint him out as "the bad guy" on his way out. 

The worst part of trading Clowney away (outside of trading him for absolutely nothing) is that he was a good guy through it all. Very nice, understood it was a "business decision" and spoke highly of the fans and his former teammates.

Makes me so angry that we traded him. 

I mean, Ramsey is basically painting it as a team who is holding him back, he just wants to win (and we aren't doing that), and wants to be somewhere where it's the focus.

Hard to argue as we've kept an incompetent DC and Coughlin has been a train wreck outside of 2017 since coming on. 

Ultimately with Jalen, he has a ton of Deion in him as it's been said. I don't see this guy staying wherever he goes forever either. It's not JUST winning with him, the name/recognition and marketing side of stuff is right there with that for him.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That presser was a joke.

Why even have him speak amid everything? That surely didn't help anyone/anything.

They wanted him to come out and say "I'm not Antonio Brown! Come trade for me!"

That was the sole reason for it. 

They also probably wanted him to say he loves Duval and the fans to smooth that over...coz there's a primetime game in 2 days

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why not? Mahomes is on a rookie deal, you're in "win now" mode with a loaded roster. Now is the time to buy in while you can.

Agreed. It'd be worth it for Kansas City. They obviously have the offense to win the SB, but their defense is still a big question mark. Adding Ramsey would obviously help.