Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I don't think Tyrod Taylor moves the needle even a little bit. Jaguars would certainly want more than that.

I think considering the Jags QB situation Tyrod has to carry some value for them.

It could also be a first rounder + Melvin Gordon but I doubt that the Jags would be willing to give MG the money he wants if they aren't willing to give Ramsey the money he wants. 

From a strict Maddenesque reasoning I think it would be awesome to acquire Ramsey but for what it would cost I'd rather not considering Mahomes is due and CJ95 is due.

One thing that has me wondering if Veach is up to no good is last year we had Earl locked up and it would've been a premium pick for a, basically, one year rental. Veach has 80lbs balls as far as aggression but he also has made it a point to hand out smarter contracts than his predecessor so that leads me to believe that he won't do this unless he thinks CJ95 isn't gonna re-sign. 

"Like sands through the hourglass...."

6 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I think considering the Jags QB situation Tyrod has to carry some value for them.

It could also be a first rounder + Melvin Gordon but I doubt that the Jags would be willing to give MG the money he wants if they aren't willing to give Ramsey the money he wants. 

They are about to trade one of their best players, ostensibly making their team worse in the immediate future, they are 0-2 (roughly equates to a 10% chance of making the playoffs). Tyrod would likely have to learn the system, and may not even start for a couple of games, and he would strictly be a temporary fill in. I don't know how he holds any value in a trade outside of a throw in. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Ahh, it seems like forever ago when the Jaguars fans were on their high after almost getting to the SB and then beating the Patriots in week 2 (?) last season.

Well, as Jack said, it was his most important week of his life.

We should have seen this coming. He's over the other side of a peak 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I could be off here but I don't think a team with a GM is going to fork over two firsts for single non-QB player.

Jags know they aren’t getting anything more than a 1st and 3rd. They might be able to squeeze a 1st and 2nd if they send back a 3rd and 6th but really doubtful. 

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I could be off here but I don't think a team with a GM is going to fork over two firsts for single non-QB player.

What I've been saying to Eagles posters wanting Howie to pull the trigger. Doesn't even account for the Rediculous Contract (Highest paid CB in the NFL), he will demand.

1st + a Player maybe

2 1st + the Brinks truck??? Not so sure. At least from a GM worth his salt?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I wonder if the Chargers were the team that offered a first and a player.

I think offering a first and Tyrod Taylor would be something the Jaguars would definitely want. Jags need a QB.

Problem would be I don't see us being able to give Ramsey a giant contract like he would want. We are going to have to give Bosa, King and Rivers contracts after this season.

You mean the same Tyrod that was mediocre at best in Buffalo or just awful for the Browns? We already traded a 5th for Dobbs, if they trade Ramsey then Tyrod is almost worthless to us too. Costs too much for what he is too. A 1st plus Tyrod is a waste