Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

Why would a team spend a top 5 pick on Ward, then the next year get Greedy Williams with their 1st pick in the draft to then give up on one of them for Ramsey and not have a 1st rd pick in 2020 and possibly 2021? Also why would Jaguars trade to the AFC if they were smart take less by dumping him in the NFC over giving their competition in the conference a solid player like Jalen.

So let’s get one thing straight, this basically a Mack and AB situation. Not an Amari situation. 

1. Verbally agree to compensation

2. Let them work out a new contract

3. Finalize the trade

Ramsey is not playing without a new contract. IMO that eliminates Dallas and any one year rental teams. 

Likely team:

1. Seattle Seahawks (30%)

Seattle has the funds to lock him up, perfect fit, and Carroll is aggressive in these situations. To compete with McVay and Shanahans Offensive Genius, he needs a corner like Ramsey. 

2. Kansas City Chiefs (30%)

The Chiefs have the biggest need for Ramsey more so than any other team in the league. They are 32/32 at CB IMO and they are Super Bowl contenders. The thing is, paying Mahomes, Hill, Ramsey, and CJ is gonna make the rest of your roster utter trash.... Mahomes is gonna command 50M a year himself. 

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (15%)

Tampa Bay has a pretty weak CB position and I’m sure Arians wants to win now. This dude also has Matt Ryan and Drew Brees in his division. The division is wide open. 

4. Philadelphia Eagles (10%)

Eagles are also Super Bowl contenders and weak at the CB position, and they may be ok locking Ramsey up long term.  

5. New England Patriots (10%)

New England is obviously all in for the Super Bowl as it might be the last of the Brady era. The question is would Bellichick give Ramsey a long term deal? Don’t think so. 

6. Las Vegas Raiders (5%)

Longshot IMO. We need WR and EDGE badly in the next draft and we are ok at corner. Plus we just got rid of one headache in AB. 

28 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Why would a team spend a top 5 pick on Ward, then the next year get Greedy Williams with their 1st pick in the draft to then give up on one of them for Ramsey and not have a 1st rd pick in 2020 and possibly 2021? Also why would Jaguars trade to the AFC if they were smart take less by dumping him in the NFC over giving their competition in the conference a solid player like Jalen.

I mean, it never hurts to have too many CBs. But yeah, I'm not buying that we're a serious potential landing spot for Ramsey. While I obviously wouldn't mind having a player of his caliber, he's gonna demand a huge contract and we're already gonna have to start paying our own players soon. Plus, our OL situation is still shaky as it stands right now, and we may need to add a couple of offensive linemen next year, so it'd be hard to give up valuable draft picks for a CB when it's not exactly a position of need, even though Ramsey would still be a huge addition.

Jon Gruden: Go get me Jalen Ramsey, man.

Mike Mayock: I don’t think that’s a wise decision. We need to spend a 1st on WR and EDGE. We have a Bottom 2 WR Core and a rotation of average guys starting opposite of Ferrell. 

Jon Gruden: Did you see Mahomes destroy us, man?

Mike Mayock: We had no pass rush and a lot of that was our backup FS giving up huge plays in the back end. Gareon Conley and Trayvon Mullen both can be Top 15 CBs in this league. 

Jon Gruden: Man, just offer both 1sts for Ramsey and see what happens, man. He’s a Gruden Grinder. 

Mike Mayock: Shut the f*** up Jon. 

• Like 1