Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

I wonder if AB being cut affects the compensation/desperation some of the inquiring teams might have had for his services.

Just figured we would’ve heard some news by now with regard to Ramsey and his new destination. You have to wonder if he isn’t already “traded” (in principle) and his agent isn’t currently just negotiating his extension with said team.

48 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I wonder if AB being cut affects the compensation/desperation some of the inquiring teams might have had for his services.

Just figured we would’ve heard some news by now with regard to Ramsey and his new destination. You have to wonder if he isn’t already “traded” (in principle) and his agent isn’t currently just negotiating his extension with said team.

Think I read we wanna keep him. From the AP

17 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Think I read we wanna keep him. From the AP

Sounds like they’re just trying to inflate his trade value to get their price. Unless the Jaguars fire TC and Marrone, I don’t think it matters. His beef with Marrone might be squashed, but there was still tension. And Ramsey has already seemed to commit to his foot outside the door. I don’t think you can repair that relationship.

And if they don’t trade him now, the value is only going to go further down.

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Sounds like they’re just trying to inflate his trade value to get their price. Unless the Jaguars fire TC and Marrone, I don’t think it matters. His beef with Marrone might be squashed, but there was still tension. And Ramsey has already seemed to commit to his foot outside the door. I don’t think you can repair that relationship.

And if they don’t trade him now, the value is only going to go further down.

I don't think so. Ramsey is the face of our franchise dude. He's a generational type player and a future HOF on his current trajectory.

You really think it's crazy that we want to pay him and have him be here long term?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don't think so. Ramsey is the face of our franchise dude. He's a generational type player and a future HOF on his current trajectory.

You really think it's crazy that we want to pay him and have him be here long term?

I don’t think that’s crazy. That’s not what I said. I think based off of the interview I saw from Ramsey and his responses, he was so far past WANTING to stay. He also seemed very close to bubbling over.

I feel for your position as a fan, just saying that from the outside looking in, I can’t see anything that can be done to resolve this. Either Ramsey leaves or the Jags fully accommodate their star allowing him a crazy level power play that ultimately leads to a situation where you truly create a monster.

There’s no easy solution, but I think the worst solution would be to allow such a power play. I think get rid of TC immediately. Get rid of Marrone at the end of the year. But trade Ramsey for max value and hope the picks you obtain can see a more stable culture in the future.

Either that or you could probably just overpay Ramsey to an absurd amount to keep him to stay, but now you potentially cripple the team with a contract that they can’t possibly see a return on investment from.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

i have doubts that the Eagles could even get him for 2 firsts

Why? Non AFC Team. Surely you're not suggesting since they "might" be late first 20's+ , The Jags wouldn't be interested? If so that eliminates most of the Teams interested in his services especially KC, NE, ect.... 

What's getting lost here is the Fact Ramsey actually has some say in who he goes to. All he has to do is tell his Agent to tell that Franchise , he's not going to negotiate a contract extension with you, and that's that. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why? Non AFC Team. Surely you're not suggesting since they "might" be late first 20's+ , The Jags wouldn't be interested? If so that eliminates most of the Teams interested in his services especially KC, NE, ect.... 

What's getting lost here is the Fact Ramsey actually has some say in who he goes to. All he has to do is tell his Agent to tell that Franchise , he's not going to negotiate a contract extension with you, and that's that. 

He's locked up here for at least the next 3 years. If he doesn't play or plays poorly, good luck getting the fat extension you want.

If he was in last year of his contract sure, but...

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

He's locked up here for at least the next 3 years. If he doesn't play or plays poorly, good luck getting the fat extension you want.

If he was in last year of his contract sure, but...

Ohh you mean the Washington/ Trent Williams approach. 

Here I thought Coughlin intentionally leaked to the media that Ramsey wanted to be traded? Guess he was just being spiteful and really had no intention on trading his best player. Gotcha!

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

i have doubts that the Eagles could even get him for 2 firsts

Yeah honestly, trading him would destroy their lockerroom. Look what happened in Miami. It's an emotional game. Guys need to completely buy in. Trading Ramsey means you don't think you're a super bowl team. That locker room needs to believe they can win, for them to actually win. 

That win the other night felt too good for Ramsey just to leave now. He's got unfinished business 

He wants that $$$$$? then go earn it

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Ohh you mean the Washington/ Trent Williams approach. 

Here I thought Coughlin intentionally leaked to the media that Ramsey wanted to be traded? Guess he was just being spiteful and really had no intention on trading his best player. Gotcha!

Assuming this is even close to that point is ridiculous.

Tons of people with inside info said that based on what they hear they believe this situation is repairable. Considering Ramsey requested a trade and still played this last week compared to Williams who still has yet to show up or even consider coming back to play for Washington is not the same thing at all.

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Yeah honestly, trading him would destroy their lockerroom. Look what happened in Miami. It's an emotional game. Guys need to completely buy in. Trading Ramsey means you don't think you're a super bowl team. That locker room needs to believe they can win, for them to actually win. 

That win the other night felt too good for Ramsey just to leave now. He's got unfinished business 

He wants that $$$$$? then go earn it

I don't think trading him will kill the locker room. This isn't Miami. There isn't a firesale happening. It's one player who asked to be traded. Ramsey has cleaned out his locker and supposedly said goodbye to his teammates after the TNF game.

While players in that locker room would want Jalen to stay, they also wouldn't want Jalen to be kept in Jax against his desires...essentially held hostage because we can due to his contract situation.

If this team was going to fold like the Dolphins, it would have done so against a division rival who has had our number under Marrone. Instead, they played inspired and balled out.

This team isn't ready to give up with or without Jalen....at least not yet.

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

There’s no easy solution, but I think the worst solution would be to allow such a power play.

Not really, at least in my opinion. It’s clear that multiple players over multiple years have had an issue. This isn’t just Jalen Ramsey vs Coughlin, it’s Jalen Ramsey + other current players (which we can assume includes Myles Jack and know includes Leonard Fournette and Telvin Smith) + former players Allen Robinson, Marcedes Lewis, Dante Fowler, Malik Jackson, and possibly guys like Chris Ivory all having an issue with the front office, and almost all likely specifically with Coughlin.

If Khan steps in and deals with the situation, which would likely either firing Coughlin or removing him from a player relations role, you can change that dynamic.

It’s not really a great sales pitch to have “come to Jacksonville, where we piss off all our players and then ship them all off even if they’re a superstar, and always side with management even if 10 players all have the same issue” be what every free agents see. It’s much easier to get a front office guy to sign with the team when there was a pattern of issues the team can point to as why Coughlin got let go. I fully agree that if this was just Ramsey having an issue, you can’t keep him and fire everyone else without setting a bad look, but there’s so much more to it; there’s at least eight guys who have an issue and likely more who haven’t made it publicly clear they’re upset or were upset when they were a Jaguar. 

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I dislike Coughlin and want him gone, but that’s a pretty poor assumption. There’s no evidence that the leak likely came from Coughlin and it’s no more likely that it came from the team than from any one of the teams that the Jaguars or Ramsey’s agent would have spoken to.

Every single team that knew about it had reason to leak the info in hopes that turning the riff public would cause an outspoken player to trash his team publicly and force the Jaguars to trade him quicker and for less than they might have gotten had they been able to keep it quiet for weeks. 

Further, even if the leak came from Coughlin, he’s not going to be the one facilitating the fix. If the team is going to keep Ramsey, that’s a decision that’s coming from Shad and would have to be facilitated by him at some level.

I don’t think anyone thinks that Coughlin will be spearheading the fight to keep Ramsey, but it’s entirely possible that Shad Khan steps in to keep the face of the franchise on the team. Will he? I don’t know, and I’m not even going to pretend to be hopeful that he will. But if the team is working on keeping him, that’s how it’s happening, and it’s completely independent of whatever desires Coughlin may have. 

• Like 1