3. 3. This week the browns

• crap the bed
    • play better
    • Freddie improves
    • Baker looks HAWT
    • under 10 penalties
    • finally get an INT
    • Chubb takes over from Gurley best powerback in the league

This game is everything I've wanted the past 5 years.  An opportunity to play above our heads against a tough opponent. We have critical injuries at critical positions. We've had adversity for weeks. Let's put a competitive team out there anyway. We finally have talent on the team and that's not core issue anymore. 

Buffalo and McDermot play above their heads all the time. It's time for us to do so.

Just win... and if we don't win... Look good in the fight from start to finish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Hard to run with the most elite athletes running straight ahead at you with a pulled or small tears in your hamstring. It's not about toughness or being mentally weak. 

Muscles and bones are how we move. We could understand a CB being out with a broken foot b/c we'd say "they literally are unable to keep up." If you've ever pulled a hamstring, you literally can't run for long periods of time depending on the injury severity. It's more than just a pain tolerance issue.

Yeah, you can still play with a minor hamstring injury. Once it warms up it hurts and you will lose some speed but you can do it. There is a great risk of injuring it more severely or injuring something else though because you are favoring it a bit and I'd rather have everyone healthy next week because even if tonight is a loss we'll be tied for 1st if we can get a win next week.

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

This game is everything I've wanted the past 5 years.  An opportunity to play above our heads against a tough opponent. We have critical injuries at critical positions. We've had adversity for weeks. Let's put a competitive team out there anyway. We finally have talent on the team and that's not core issue anymore. 

Buffalo and McDermot play above their heads all the time. It's time for us to do so.

Just win... and if we don't win... Look good in the fight from start to finish.

This definitely has a different feel to it. We have to play almost perfectly to get a result here. Our secondary has to keep up to give time to our DL to take advantage over their OL. Special teams need to repeat last weeks performance. Offence has to get to the line with 10 seconds left on the clock. No stupid penalties, quick passes and lots of Chubb rushing and/or catching.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, you can still play with a minor hamstring injury. Once it warms up it hurts and you will lose some speed but you can do it. There is a great risk of injuring it more severely or injuring something else though because you are favoring it a bit and I'd rather have everyone healthy next week because even if tonight is a loss we'll be tied for 1st if we can get a win next week.

I once pulled my quad by not stretching and playing baseball in cold weather, couldnt go full speed for 6+ weeks. Its like you hop along no matter how much warm ups you do. As soon as you plant your foot and push off hard to sprint, it immediately tightens back up and hurts like a mother

Just now, DawgX said:

Yup. We're gonna lose. I just hope we're able to keep it somewhat competitive.

We are going to have to have one of 'those' games. Everybody needs to play big and there can be no turnovers. The front 7 needs to be dominant and Freddie have better been working all week on tweaking the playbook with more runs + short timing passes.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I once pulled my quad by not stretching and playing baseball in cold weather, couldnt go full speed for 6+ weeks. Its like you hop along no matter how much warm ups you do. As soon as you plant your foot and push off hard to sprint, it immediately tightens back up and hurts like a mother

Yeah like taking a punch in it. Fine for a backyard game not against NFL players.

59 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Hubbard, Lamm and Higgins also inactive.

Hubbard being inactive is a plus

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Yeah.

These dudes aren’t getting a break in preseason next year if they can’t take a few hits in 2 damn games.

Seriously! Candy.

I know you don't want to get them hurt in the preseason, but.............

17 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Hard to run with the most elite athletes running straight ahead at you with a pulled or small tears in your hamstring. It's not about toughness or being mentally weak. 

Muscles and bones are how we move. We could understand a CB being out with a broken foot b/c we'd say "they literally are unable to keep up." If you've ever pulled a hamstring, you literally can't run for long periods of time depending on the injury severity. It's more than just a pain tolerance issue.

Also, it's week 3. We don't want Ward and Greedy completely tearing their hamstring, having surgery, being out for the year, and having serious injury concerns for the rest of their careers.

It does really really suck that they are out tonight. I'm with you there.

TJ Carrie is BBQ Chicken.

I’m currently dealing with a small hamstring tear. Max I can run at is about 70% and I have to ease up to that pace. If I tried to explode off the mark right now my hamstring would explode 

• Like 1