Jump to content
Bullet Club

Justin Fields

Recommended Posts

On 9/24/2019 at 8:18 PM, smokeybandit said:

So far so good, though he hasn't really faced a defense yet.  Cincinnati was supposed to be good but they've been pretty mediocre.

Tommorows game against Michigan St. should be a really good test. That defense is no joke and legit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 10:18 AM, Nastradamus said:

His throwing looks really bad

68.2 completion % and 37/1 TD to INT ratio in his first season as a starter as a true sophomore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:18 AM, Nastradamus said:

His throwing looks really bad

Care to elaborate or you were just throwing out a hot take......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

68.2 completion % and 37/1 TD to INT ratio in his first season as a starter as a true sophomore.

TBH I agree with Nastradamus I'm not a huge fan of his throws currently. Seems like a good number of them hang a bit and lack some zip.  He's fairly accurate though and I think with improved mechanics with another year in college he could improve the zip on his throws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 10:18 AM, Nastradamus said:

His throwing looks really bad

 

11 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Care to elaborate or you were just throwing out a hot take......

Whats he need to elaborate about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew Fields was a great QB prospect but The Fact that he has a 37 TD to 1 Int stat line this year absolutely shocked me.

has anyone ever come close to that in history?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I knew Fields was a great QB prospect but The Fact that he has a 37 TD to 1 Int stat line this year absolutely shocked me.

has anyone ever come close to that in history?

Finished 40-1. In his first year as a starter.

S-T-U-D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Finished 40-1. In his first year as a starter.

S-T-U-D.

As I said I just looked up his stats and I guess ESPN didn’t total today’s game into that, I stand corrected.

Nonetheless, that’s an insane stat.  Even if he was 40-5 that’s crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has to clean up his footwork/arm slot a bit, but his decision making and ability to go through 2+ progressions and occasional full field progressions with good arm strength, accuracy, and great athleticism is promising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Borderline Day 2 guy based on his traits. Want to see better zip on his throws. Could see him working his way into the first round by the end of 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Borderline Day 2 guy based on his traits. Want to see better zip on his throws. Could see him working his way into the first round by the end of 2020.

Borderline Day 2 based on his traits? Have you actually watched Fields this year at all? The guy has exceeded expectations in his first year as a starter in an entirely new system.

He's already a sure-fire first rounder. He and Lawrence head the class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×