Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I mean, at the time of the pick were there any posters here that we actually stoked with the pick? Or what about content even? I know I sure wasn't. I was all in on Edmunds or James and was so disappointed when we took Miller. Was a pure need pick albeit a major one.

I for one couldn't be happier to be eating crow after a much improved year 2 from him.

I wasn’t mad at the pick, appreciated the trade down. Even though we just threw the pick away from Bryant lol. We all knew the 12-4 season was behind a dominant offense line, and Penn was getting old at the time. Initially wanted either those players but knew LT is an important position. Reading more on Kolton, I liked how he was athlete, big, raw for his size with a high ceiling. So far so good, and he can take another step. 

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thorn does amazing evaluations and cut ups for mainly OLmen but also DLmen.  I think he’s THE best out there at it.  Really respect his work and opinion.

Trent is such a beast.... I’m very excited to see a hopefully healthy Right side of the OLine with Jackson and Brown just smashing the defense.

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Its easy to forget a few years ago we were starting guys like Kwame Harris and Cornell Green, jeez we had some terrible tackles for a while after Kennedy and Sims 😁😁 

Talk about a major drop off! Kennedy was an absolute stud.  How did our QBs stay alive back then?  Don’t forget Mario Henderson.... heck there’s a ton of names I could bring up.... we had trash tackles for a while..... although Langston Walker was good for a few years.  The lack of talent wasn’t because we didn’t put resources into the OT position.  We just drafted too many busts.  
I remember thinking Jared Veldeer and Bruce Campbell would be our future All-Pro LT and RT.  
I hated Harris the most of them all though.   Didn’t he get stabbed by his male lover in SF at some gay bistro during a lovers quarrel a few years ago? Lmao

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Talk about a major drop off! Kennedy was an absolute stud.  How did our QBs stay alive back then?  Don’t forget Mario Henderson.... heck there’s a ton of names I could bring up.... we had trash tackles for a while..... although Langston Walker was good for a few years.  The lack of talent wasn’t because we didn’t put resources into the OT position.  We just drafted too many busts.  
I remember thinking Jared Veldeer and Bruce Campbell would be our future All-Pro LT and RT.  
I hated Harris the most of them all though.   Didn’t he get stabbed by his male lover in SF at some gay bistro during a lovers quarrel a few years ago? Lmao

Haha yes I remember the great Bruce Campbell, i think everyone was suckered into him being the steal of the draft 😁😁. Harris was just so soft, no fight in him whatsoever. Green was my personal least favourite, especially after he attacked a girl with a mop....... Sums him up. I remember Mario Henderson too, thought he was going to be the future, had high hopes which were dashed yet again 😁😁 

Man, we've had some pretty terrible players from those awful lean years, our QBs weren't good but they never had a chance between those tackles and the receivers they had to work with! 

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

ESPN top 10 OTs:

EcpaDXvWoAAcLEq?format=jpg&name=large

And we missed Tunsil by one spot.  I remember getting so excited when Miami was on the clock thinking the Dolphins could draft anyone except for him and RM would have another great draft.  Then we could have had Henry or Thomas in the 2nd.  Nope.  We got Joseph and Ward.  I would have been happy drafting both players but in the 2nd and 5th rounds respectively.

• Like 1