NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

11 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Between GM and coaching, the Kings aren’t sniffing the playoffs 

Also though, what's up with Buddy Hield.. I only sparingly watch Kings games, but he has been underwhelming to me this year and the numbers seem to back that up. What are your thoughts? I was kinda expecting him to take a leap this year and at best he seems to have stayed stagnant (realistically appears to have slightly regressed). I like his game and I hope he is able to figure it out.

4 hours ago, braylon said:

So.. Just wanted to get some educated fans opinions.. I have no one "in real life" who follows the NBA as closely as I do, so I have no one to bounce this idea off of.. Lebron is +700 to win MVP at the moment.. What are your guys's thoughts? I think there's a couple of things helping his odds:

1. I expect Lebron to go on a TEAR with what happened, playing some extreeeeeemely motivated basketball.

2. I think the "storyline" aspect of Lebron winning may help his odds

3. The current favorite, Giannis, just won last year and Lebron (who is arguably deserving every year) hasn't won in 7 years.

What do you guys think? Does Giannis nearly have it in the bag? Am I just throwing money away?

I mean if you believe 1. will happen, then I'd make the bet. If Lebron, who is probably 2nd or 3rd if MVP voting was today, elevates to another level, Lakers probably finish w/ 65+ wins, and he'll be right there w/ Giannis in numbers and record, and at that point, 3. might come in to play w/ voter fatigue and the fact that it seems unjust Lebron is on such a drought. If they're not all that close, which I would ague is the case right now, then Giannis will get it, vote fatigue and all.

What will always hurt him in an MVP race is playing alongside AD (#4 in PER, #7 in BPM), a bonafide superstar teammate, which Giannis obviously does not have. Even if you were to argu Giannis's cast is just as good or better than Lebron's, a superstar teammate is a huge influence in perceived "help" IMO. 

I still feel pretty confident Giannis wins it, but LIS if you believe 1. happens, then at +700 why not? Just my .02 cents.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

13 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

what took you so long..?

Seeing he is so short and timid to shoot, not great at shooting (but is still young) and probably not going to be able to trim down in the off-season to change positions.

He has hope but not as a small power forward and definitely not as a center or in his current athletic form as a small forward.

If he can improve his footwork, focus on becoming more of a shooter, and change his conditioning to get faster and play with small forwards then he has a shot at being a decent bench player somewhere.

44 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I mean if you believe 1. will happen, then I'd make the bet. If Lebron, who is probably 2nd or 3rd if MVP voting was today, elevates to another level, Lakers probably finish w/ 65+ wins, and he'll be right there w/ Giannis in numbers and record, and at that point, 3. might come in to play w/ voter fatigue and the fact that it seems unjust Lebron is on such a drought. If they're not all that close, which I would ague is the case right now, then Giannis will get it, vote fatigue and all.

What will always hurt him in an MVP race is playing alongside AD (#4 in PER, #7 in BPM), a bonafide superstar teammate, which Giannis obviously does not have. Even if you were to argu Giannis's cast is just as good or better than Lebron's, a superstar teammate is a huge influence in perceived "help" IMO. 

I still feel pretty confident Giannis wins it, but LIS if you believe 1. happens, then at +700 why not? Just my .02 cents.

I think a title is more likely than MVP. That's where the motivation will lie.

7 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

The faux outrage here is intense. How many times do you need to be banned from here?

There's no fake outrage but LeBron notoriously makes everything about him so I shouldn't be surprised. After this and the china hypocrisy, I'm done with LeBron.

14 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Gordon with 50!!!!

Damn, now Harden is the third best player on the Rockets. Oh how the mighty have fallen!!!

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

I watched the 4th quarter of Utah/Houston and Mike Conley is a mess 

Yeah, amazing how trash he's been. Kind of like Lawson when he went to the Rockets. Was supposed to be able to take the Jazz to the next level and could have made them REALLY scary. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Damn, now Harden is the third best player on the Rockets. Oh how the mighty have fallen!!!

Yeah, amazing how trash he's been. Kind of like Lawson when he went to the Rockets. Was supposed to be able to take the Jazz to the next level and could have made them REALLY scary. 

But Conley doesn't have an alcohol problem - he just is terrible out of nowhere. Maybe national media guys were lying to me all along and Mike Conley wasn't actually underrated. Brandon Clarke isn't better than him already but damn he might be close lol. Conley can still figure it out........we'll see. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pretty good comp in terms of how they’ve disappointed, but we knew what Ty’s issue was (at least in hindsight, can’t recall when it became obvious). Conley’s fall-off is a bit baffling. Maybe we’ll find out about an injury? Just bizarre how poorly he is shooting.