NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

On 1/28/2020 at 10:43 AM, dtait93 said:

Gonna say no on this one with everyone riding high on emotion.

As great as Kobe was, IF they ever changed the logo it ought to be changed to MJ. However, it should be left alone imo.

I see what you'r saying, but the logo is not strictly about greatness. When Jerry West was made the logo, he was not the best player up to that point (Wilt or Bll). So I don't think it would be disrespectful to MJ, the GOAT and probably the most impactful figure the NBA will ever see, if he were to be passed over as the logo (unless it's Lebron at some point). I don't care much one way or another, but if they ever do change it, Kobe would be pretty fitting for how much he cared about the game and what a good face of the league he was. Although I'd hope it'd just be Kobe dribbling up court like Jerry West, not a signature move. Logo is not supposed to be about the individual, keep it simple and visually similar.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I see what you'r saying, but the logo is not strictly about greatness. When Jerry West was made the logo, he was not the best player up to that point (Wilt or Bll). So I don't think it would be disrespectful to MJ, the GOAT and probably the most impactful figure the NBA will ever see, if he were to be passed over as the logo (unless it's Lebron at some point). I don't care much one way or another, but if they ever do change it, Kobe would be pretty fitting for how much he cared about the game and what a good face of the league he was. Although I'd hope it'd just be Kobe dribbling up court like Jerry West, not a signature move. Logo is not supposed to be about the individual, keep it simple and visually similar.

Yeah I'd be cool with it but it's hard for me to see them changing the logo that has built up so much global equity over the years

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

The Knicks are really, really pitiful. Prolly worst franchise in sports. Props to Grizzlies for keeping their cools in that.

What was their problem with Crowder taking that shot? There was still like 40 seconds left in the game.

The Knicks are such a joke.