NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

49 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Once again, it takes a team shooting absurdly well from deep on high volume to beat us. Pretty sure our last like 4 losses have been because a team gets scorching hot from deep. 

Sucks we were missing our two best perimeter defenders in DDV and Hill.

and it sucks the Nuggets were missing 3 of their starters, including their 2nd and 3rd best player.

45 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Wrong.  Your original post below:

That's not a quote from Steve Kerr.  That's conjecture from a reporter.  I posted Kerr's quote, and it didn't say anything about Tatum being a superstar.

You completely misrepresented what they said by stating outright that they said Tatum was already the best 2-way SF in the NBA.  You just made it up and have used that to justify your opinion.

I don't know what you're debating and I don't really care.  I care that you just made up quotes from Pop and Kerr.

Un-freakin'-believable every time I get into a stupid debate I have trouble getting online, usually coinciding with my RV travels.

But on that note yes that's what I said in my original post, but quickly clarified that in my second post. Of course you don't mention that clarification you only point out to the original post.

As for your other comment that they  absolutely 100% said nothing close to this is extremely laughable. Clearly both coaches were giving some of the highest praise they can possibly give, and correlates almost exactly to what I am already proclaiming. Whether their words were exact or near about is rather meaningless to me, because their implications are much closer to my opinion than "100% nothing close " to this comment.

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

and it sucks the Nuggets were missing 3 of their starters, including their 2nd and 3rd best player.

Cool. That wasn't my intent. The mention of Hill and DDV was in relation to the 3 point shooting. Wasn't meant as a slight but take it however you want. LIS, when we lose, it's because the other team gets unsustainably hot from 3. Otherwise, we win. It's really that simple. Guess we'll see if you guys can do it again in March. Enjoy it.

So hard to talk into my phone while driving is RV in the dark in a storm but somewhere along the way Popovich also claimed there are very few two-way players in this league and that Jayson Tatum maybe one of them.

Unless I am being blinded by the dark, I do believe that leaves Jayson Tatum in a very rare category according to Popovich and I guess it is not an exact quote but reading between the lines certainly leaves me to believe that a potentially great two-way player is something that Popovich admires greatly.

Edited by resilient part 2

Would like to add Zion had his 5th straight solid game. Makes me double happy that they beat Memphis as well.

Right now everything Zion does is being blown way out of proportion, yet with that excitement and the Pelicans possibly having a very strong second half of the year gives even more Credence to why the hype of Zion may have him still winning the Rookie of the Year.

Edited by resilient part 2

47 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Random musing

Can someone explain Giannis and Hassan Whiteside's FT% to me?

In regards to Giannis...I have no clue. He was a mid-70% FT shooter before this year. He does have a stupid pause in his shot that could be the cause of the inconsistency.