Week 5 GDT: Bills vs. Titans

KingTitan

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lmao at "o-linemen need to win 1-on-1 matchups" yeah dude it's almost like that's something that good coaching helps you do?

Add in the fact that neither of our tackle/guard combos could figure out how to competently hand off a player on a stunt, and it’s pretty clearly a coaching issue. 

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lmao at "o-linemen need to win 1-on-1 matchups" yeah dude it's almost like that's something that good coaching helps you do?

Well he isn't lying. 

I mean if we have the perfect protection called but a guy gets whooped is it on the coach?

Same if we draw up the perfect play and the WR drops a wide open pass or a QB overthrows it?

They were getting beat on simple rush moves. Davis getting bullied on a standard reach block. 

Saffold and Lewan getting beat on a routine two man stunt. 

If it's a technical thing and the coach is making them do something wrong I get it. But yesterday and days before. They are just outright getting beat. 

30 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Bud Adams hiring Munchak as a HC and ensuring that he would never be our OL coach again was a dark day.

That season was the point we went from respectable franchise to NFL cellar. 

We hired munchak late when Harbaugh was hired in San Fran. 

Bud didn't want Young but dragged his feet with Fisher. Should have just kept him another year. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That season was the point we went from respectable franchise to NFL cellar. 

We hired munchak late when Harbaugh was hired in San Fran. 

Bud didn't want Young but dragged his feet with Fisher. Should have just kept him another year. 

the deep irony is we’re basically in the same place we were with fisher all those years ago. perpetually hovering around .500, boring as all hell, completely inconsistent and unable to string good games together.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the deep irony is we’re basically in the same place we were with fisher all those years ago. perpetually hovering around .500, boring as all hell, completely inconsistent and unable to string good games together.

We really are. We had some nice rosters but would take a perfect storm of schedule, injuries, defense, well times offensive plays and special teams play. 

Missing one of those and we are 7-9, 8-8. 

I'm mentally gonna treat this team like game of thrones or something equal to that . Meaning I can't wait to see what happens every week. Who gets killed. Who stabs who in the back. Who rescues the day. Lol. 

I can't treat them like they are real life anymore. Lol yesterday was make believe. They require too much emotional energy for me to think of them anything more than entertainment. 

I know they are real people. But man. At some point it stops being fun. 

Waiting for new writers and directors lol 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

This franchise is cursed, man.

I just think no matter who the QB is, or Head Coach, or GM, we are forever going to be stuck between the land of 7-9 to 9-7. I mean, the fact this team's record in the "Titans" era is 166-158(.512 winning%...ha) speaks for itself. Ironic enough, we're the Jeff Fisher of NFL teams. It's fitting that Fisher's career winning percentage is....you guessed it .512%.

20 years of this takes a toll on one's fandom.

Tellin y'all, we're cursed. Tennessee Fishermen

39 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the funniest thing here is that kicking the FG was statistically the very worst choice EVEN BEFORE you factor in our kicker missing 3 field goals prior. truly a moronic call.

Vrabel’s honestly starting to come off as a meathead. He should also shave his mustache. It makes him look even more stupid.

34 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Vrabel’s honestly starting to come off as a meathead. He should also shave his mustache. It makes him look even more stupid.

the most bizarre thing is how much of an about-face this all is from last season. like, vrabel won us a few games with pretty shrewd decision-making last year and this year he’s consistently losing them with inconceivably stupid decisions. i don’t get it.

• Like 1