Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I agree lol, I feel the same way about Von Miller with John Elway. Only difference though is the pass rush talent in 2020 isn't nearly as deep at the wr as of now Chris Young , and a few guys.

Therefore I believe Von Miller is more tradable than AJ Green atm. Now, things do change in the NFl

If I were Denver, I would trade him for 2 1sts. Or try to. They should have done it years ago. They're better than their record, but by the time the offense catches up, sadly the stars on Denver's defense will be past their prime.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If I were Denver, I would trade him for 2 1sts. Or try to. They should have done it years ago. They're better than their record, but by the time the offense catches up, sadly the stars on Denver's defense will be past their prime.

If they could get two first for Von, a 2nd for Harris, and a 4th for Sanders they'd be sitting very pretty for the future. 

As far as the bolded, you're preaching to the choir. I was wrong on Paxton Lynch as a QB prospect, but I said at the time of the Miller extension they should of tagged and traded him. If they can land two firsts I'd eat crow on that, heck I'd love a 1st and a 2nd depending on the team.

I'm extremely optimistic of the future of the offense and Drew Locks audition.  I just believe in these coaches man. It's still a thin roster. 

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

If they could get two first for Von, a 2nd for Harris, and a 4th for Sanders they'd be sitting very pretty for the future. 

As far as the bolded, you're preaching to the choir. I was wrong on Paxton Lynch as a QB prospect, but I said at the time of the Miller extension they should of tagged and traded him. If they can land two firsts I'd eat crow on that, heck I'd love a 1st and a 2nd depending on the team.

I'm extremely optimistic of the future of the offense and Drew Locks audition.  I just believe in these coaches man. It's still a thin roster. 

Fans are too grounded in nostalgia to accept the necessity to trade players. The Raiders have fans who would rather argue Mack's HOF chances and if he's the best edge player, and ignore our 6-10 record the year and lack of sacks with him, than swallow the pill that our roster sucked 2 years ago and we needed to tear it down. 

But that's just me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Fans are too grounded in nostalgia to accept the necessity to trade players.

Completely agree, that's why fans shouldn't run the front office. That's why I agree with what the Raiders did with Mack and Broncos are doing if they move pieces.

I'm fine with the Broncos waiting until this era though if the return is still decent.  Having the coaching staff is 70% of the battle the other 30% is being on that same page with drafting. I don't think Denver had the staff to develop talent had they gotten a return during the VJ years. Elways drafting has improved last 2 years as well as the coaching staff so I couldn't be happier barring moving players for more assets. If no moves are made I'm gonna be ticked off.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, theJ said:

For a few reasons.

1. Draft picks are maybe a 75% proposition in the first round, probably worse
  2. AJ is good, and has several years remaining
  3. AJ likes being a Bengal
  4. AJ can help usher in the rebuild
  5. Mike Brown is conservative, and in his mind there's a good chance they trade AJ for a first round pick, draft a bust, and have nothing to show for AJ.  
    1. Follow up point to #5 - if they just keep AJ (and sign him to a new deal), they still have AJ.

AJ Green given his injury, his age, and requiring a new deal immediately would not net a first IMO. 

I've seen this mentality time and time again. Fan bases will defend their star player even when it's plain as day it's time to move on from him. You'll be worse off in the long run if you try and keep him.