Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

BTW since it's been discussed in the DEN forum, the reason why Sanders likely didn't go to NE:

1.  Sanu is signed cheaply for 2020.  Sanders is a rental.

2.  Sanu's size and fit as a RZ post-up guy in NE's scheme meshed better than Sanders, who overlaps with Edelman's role.

3.  This little nugget I was completely unaware of...

Now, the market for WR is so hot that I think a 3rd is still very likely.  But the comp pick being capped at an end-of-5th, I think that's why the best we see for Sanders is a 3rd...but who knows.   Harris is a 9-year vet, so the above doesn't apply, he's a lock barring injury IMO for end-of-3rd 2021 comp pick status after he signs in FA, and given the elite cover CB market is only him with P-Pete not for sale (GM Keim wants to finish strong, even .500, to save his job I guess).     So I still think a 2nd is the most likely return for Harris Jr. and I'm very confident there.   Sanders' ceiling is likely a 3rd given the above, though.  And only because 3-4 teams desperately need a slot/outside separator like Sanders.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 9:09 PM, amazingandre said:

Texans should give a 2nd right now for Harris. 

I'm still interested in this, even with Gaereon Conley in the building. The Texans have a bunch of #2 CBs with Bradley Roby, Conley and Lonnie Johnson. Jonathan Joseph is a #4 at best nowadays. 

CHJ would have a big impact as the BMOC of the CB group.

Just now, Forge said:

The 49ers have an excellent relationship with the Broncos, so conversationally, that may help with the back and forth of negotiations. 

I do wonder if they might be considering the package deal, too.

Harris would upgrade the CB corps to make that D generational level and rival NE's current status.   Sanders would help JimmyG so much.  JimmyG is suffering that year-1 post-ACL recovery where he doesn't trust it.  He won't be good until 2020, but Sanders would provide a great security blanket, and take some of the bracket coverage that Kittle is seeing right now. Win-win move.

It would only cost your 1st...it will be a 30 pick if they did that.