NLWC: Brewers @ Nationals

Eagles27

Just now, JDBrocks said:

You could see the bat move from impact before his arm moved from impact. It was a missed call.

Not even in super slo-motion could you see the bat move....but you did see his hand get mashed. Regardless, it was an impossible call to make. It was way too tight for the umpire to actually see and it could have hit both his hand and bat simultaneously - or not - you couldnt tell visually - and I doubt anybody could hear much of anything....i.e....the sound of the ball on the bat. 

The replay wasnt conclusive that (or when) it hit the bat.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Sometimes teams are better without star players like Harper. Chemistry and willingness to work as a equal unit. A’s and Rays come to mind, who ironically both play tomorrow. 

That's more of an indictment of the rest of their roster than it is of Harper. They said the same things about the 2001 Mariners when A-Rod left, ignoring the fact that Ichiro and juiced Bret Boone were his replacements.

16 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Four times in 6 years, as a franchise that’s never won an actual series, even though they had the talent to be the Astros of the NL.

Well shoot my numbers were off.  Yeah that’s a pretty pathetic track in October.

I disagree. The ball hits the knob of the bat, changes direction, and then hits his wrist. The umps made a bad call and it probably cost the Brewers a run. 

Again, I have no allegiance here, I just think it sucks when replay is available and they still make the wrong call.

11 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I disagree. The ball hits the knob of the bat, changes direction, and then hits his wrist. The umps made a bad call and it probably cost the Brewers a run. 

Again, I have no allegiance here, I just think it sucks when replay is available and they still make the wrong call.

I mean, there are two maybe three posters in here, that have no allegiance one way or the other either, that have said while they think it hit the bat first, they can't be sure. Surely that mean the umps got it "right" in the sense that it isn't clear and therefore need to keep the call on the field.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I mean, there are two maybe three posters in here, that have no allegiance one way or the other either, that have said while they think it hit the bat first, they can't be sure. Surely that mean the umps got it "right" in the sense that it isn't clear and therefore need to keep the call on the field.

I know our take isn't sexy, but it's sensible enough. If it was that bad I think bk would've had a forum-wide meltdown lol.

32 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I know our take isn't sexy, but it's sensible enough. If it was that bad I think bk would've had a forum-wide meltdown lol.

Why? We all know the Umpire Association isn't going to overturn anything. There's no need for replay with how much they **** it up. 

Manfred is a God damn moron so I'm not surprised replay is completely ****ed already.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Pretty clearly went knob, wrist, knob simply based on the way the bat shook and Taylor's reaction. Whatever. 

Edited by beekay414

Baseball replay is a joke, except its not funny. wtf is the point of a not funny joke?

This is the worst case scenario for me as a giants fan. both sherzer and strausburg are burned and the goddamn dodgers are the ones that benefit. **** 

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Not sure I’d take advice from someone who uses any grain of emotion with betting. He could be right, but not for the right reasons. 

Luckily I gave into the Nats. Was pretty upset about it after a few innings but I'll take it! 

11 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Those last 2 pitches called strikes should get a guy fired. Those was awful. 

The umpiring behind the plate has been pretty awful all season long by a number of them.  Some of these guys in blue need to find another line of work.