2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

39 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

It's laughable Morosi says they want one of the most valuable pieces in baseball without dangling Lux or May. I know their farm system is nice and all, but yeesh.

I think Lux would have to go.

They'd bump Seager to third, Turner to first, and Muncy to second base. 

I also think it's pretty pointless as the Dodgers need to revamp their pen and probably add another starting pitcher.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

I think Lux would have to go.

They'd bump Seager to third, Turner to first, and Muncy to second base. 

I also think it's pretty pointless as the Dodgers need to revamp their pen and probably add another starting pitcher.

Agreed, for financial reasons if I'm LAD, I'm just keeping what I have on the infield.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:42 PM, redsoxsuck05 said:

I think this is a misdirection for the fans. The Dodgers are part of luxury tax cabal and are content with Lux, Muncy, Taylor, Seager, etc. They don't want to pay Lindor.

Dodgers have quite a bit of room before the 208 million luxury tax threshold. But yes I don't know that this is realistic and don't know that he's needed or that Friedman would give up what's required to get him. It would also lead to Seager being dealt and he's a fan favorite. 

13 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Dodgers have quite a bit of room before the 208 million luxury tax threshold. But yes I don't know that this is realistic and don't know that he's needed or that Friedman would give up what's required to get him. It would also lead to Seager being dealt and he's a fan favorite. 

It would be moronic to trade Seager, but I’d trade anyone but Gleyber and Sevy for him lol

I do think the Yankees would be a much better chance at trading for him. Lindor and Urshella are good friends and the Yankees will need a SS after Didi isn't retained. Question would be what are they willing to give up for him. Move LeMahieu to first and that infield is stacked.

What kind of contract did Hudson earn himself with his second half/postseason performance?

After the deadline, he threw 25 innings, notching 6 saves, posting a 1.44 ERA (3.53 FIP), a 8.28 K/9 and a 1.44 BB/9.

In the postseason, he had 4 saves, 1 hold, and 1 win. He gave up 4 earned runs, three in the Game 5 blowout. 

Dude was flat out money and the Nats likely don't even make the playoffs if they don't trade for him, let alone win the World Series. 

He will be 33 next season, and stated several times that he doesn't actually like closing that much. 

16 minutes ago, Slateman said:

What kind of contract did Hudson earn himself with his second half/postseason performance?

After the deadline, he threw 25 innings, notching 6 saves, posting a 1.44 ERA (3.53 FIP), a 8.28 K/9 and a 1.44 BB/9.

In the postseason, he had 4 saves, 1 hold, and 1 win. He gave up 4 earned runs, three in the Game 5 blowout. 

Dude was flat out money and the Nats likely don't even make the playoffs if they don't trade for him, let alone win the World Series. 

He will be 33 next season, and stated several times that he doesn't actually like closing that much. 

Maybe a shorter version of Brandon Morrow's deal or Anthony Swarzack's deal, who also kind of came out of nowhere? Maybe a 1/$7MM full guaranteed deal, with a pretty small buyout on an $8MM team option kind of thing?

Earlier today the Yankees announced that they declined the club option for 2020 on Edwin Encarnacion, making the veteran slugger a free agent. The team will pay him a $5 million buyout instead of a $20 million salary next season.

//////////////

Next year was never gonna happen at 20M and that was before the end of season melt down.

8 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Maybe a shorter version of Brandon Morrow's deal or Anthony Swarzack's deal, who also kind of came out of nowhere? Maybe a 1/$7MM full guaranteed deal, with a pretty small buyout on an $8MM team option kind of thing?

I could see that.  Maybe a mutual option for $8 million in 2021 with a solid buyout of $1.5 million.