2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

I say rope some of them Hollywood stars in and give massive contracts to Cole, Strasburg, and Rendon. That would create one hell of a foursome with Trout.

Ohtani is still there and will be back on the mound this year as well.  That would be a fun damn team to watch.

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

I say rope some of them Hollywood stars in and give massive contracts to Cole, Strasburg, and Rendon. That would create one hell of a foursome with Trout.

That would be quite a haul for one offseason....and unlikely to happen.

Jon Heyman:  Mets manager derby is now down to Derek Shelton, Eduardo Perez and Carlos Beltran.

Not sure why I think this....but I think Beltran the most likely.....and that he'd be stupid to take the job. The Mets regularly hang their managers out to dry.....or maybe they make bad selections and it just seems that way. Cant be sure. 

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jon Heyman:  Mets manager derby is now down to Derek Shelton, Eduardo Perez and Carlos Beltran.

Not sure why I think this....but I think Beltran the most likely.....and that he'd be stupid to take the job. The Mets regularly hang their managers out to dry.....or maybe they make bad selections and it just seems that way. Cant be sure. 

I wanted the Giants to hire Beltran as manager while signing Zack Wheeler as a free agent. It has a nice little symmetry to it. 

On 10/25/2019 at 3:27 PM, CWood21 said:

I'm looking at this mediocre FA class in terms of hitters.  You've got Anthony Rendon as the clear star FA hitter.  But beyond him, Ozuna is in the same group as Josh Donaldson.  IF JD Martinez hits FA, he's probably ahead of Ozuna

Can’t forget mookie