1. 1. who gonna seal the deal?

• noah herron with the bed post
    • jason the HEAD hunter
    • r-kal truluck
    • duct tape havner
    • the 7th rounder we got for jj jansen
    • colt lyerla

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Let's look at the WR/TE groups of Super Bowl winners, shall we?

2018 Pats - Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, Josh Gordon, Phillip Dorsett, Chris Hogan
2017 Eagles - Zach Ertz, Alshon Jeffery, Nelson Agholor, Torrey Smith, Trey Burton
2016 Pats - Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Danny Amendola, Martellus Bennett
2015 Broncos - Emmanuel Sanders, Demaryius Thomas, Owen Daniels, Vernon Davis, Bennie Fowler, Virgil Green, Jordan Norwood, Cody Latimer
2014 Patriots - Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, Brandon LaFell, Danny Amendola, Aaron Dobson
2013 Seahawks - Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Zach Miller, Sidney Rice, Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette, Luke Willson
2012 Ravens - Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Ed Dickson, Dennis Pitta, Jacoby Jones
2011 Giants - Mario Manningham, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Jake Ballard, Devin Thomas, Travis Beckum
2010 Packers - Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Andrew Quarless, Donald Lee, Brett Swain, Jermichael Finley (got hurt obvsly), Tom Crabtree

Yep. Just need a legit #1 and "a decent supporting cast" at WR.

Josh Gordon was suspended for the end of the season

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's 29 and hasn't dropped below 750 yards in any year since then. It's not like he's washed. Just in a different situation. 

I know he's had a lot of injury related stuff and they use him all over the field and over the middle like #1 is used on most teams.  Also hasn't wen't over 900 yards receiving in those 4 years.  The other 2 WR's need to be really good for me to consider this unit a "top" unit, and to me they are not great.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

2018 Pats - Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, Josh Gordon, Phillip Dorsett, Chris Hogan
2017 Eagles - Zach Ertz, Alshon Jeffery, Nelson Agholor, Torrey Smith, Trey Burton
2016 Pats - Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Danny Amendola, Martellus Bennett
2015 Broncos - Emmanuel Sanders, Demaryius Thomas, Owen Daniels, Vernon Davis, Bennie Fowler, Virgil Green, Jordan Norwood, Cody Latimer
2014 Patriots - Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, Brandon LaFell, Danny Amendola, Aaron Dobson
2013 Seahawks - Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Zach Miller, Sidney Rice, Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette, Luke Willson
2012 Ravens - Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Ed Dickson, Dennis Pitta, Jacoby Jones
2011 Giants - Mario Manningham, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Jake Ballard, Devin Thomas, Travis Beckum
2010 Packers - Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Andrew Quarless, Donald Lee, Brett Swain, Jermichael Finley (got hurt obvsly), Tom Crabtree

Hey you forgot the greatest show on turf ( Which I think most people unrealistically want.)

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So 3 of the last 9 SB winners have below average targets?

None of these are all time great groups or even close. There's a ton of 870 yard receiving seasons from team leaders on this list. 

14 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

I know he's had a lot of injury related stuff and they use him all over the field and over the middle like #1 is used on most teams.  Also hasn't wen't over 900 yards receiving in those 4 years.  The other 2 WR's need to be really good for me to consider this unit a "top" unit, and to me they are not great.

I never said they were great. Just that they're among the top 5 or 6 units in the league. There's not a lot of units that are strong 1-3 out there. That's kinda my point. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

None of these are all time great groups or even close. There's a ton of 870 yard receiving seasons from team leaders on this list. 

And only 1 Pro Bowler if I recall correctly. I went down this road two years ago during the draft and don't remember all the specifics

(WR only)

Edited by cannondale

29 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

List of every NFL teams 3rd WR by offensive snaps. I don't even know who most of these scrubs are. @beekay414 how many of these guys are you taking over Allison this season? 12, maybe?

Arizona: T. Sherfield

Atlanta: Calvin Ridley

Baltimore: S. Roberts

Buffalo: Zay Jones

Carolina: Jarius Wright

Chicago: A. Miller

Cincinatt: John Ross

Cleveland: D. Ratley

Dallas: D. Smith

Denver: D. Hamilton

Detroit: M. Hall

Houston: K. Coutee

Indianapolis: D. Cain

Jacksonville: DeDe Westbrook

Kansas City: Mecole Hardman

Chargers: G. Davis

Rams: Brandin Cooks

Dolphins: J. Grant

Vikings: O. Johnson

New England: Phillip Dorsett

New Orleans: A. Carr

Giants: D. Slayton

Raiders: Hunter Renfrow

Eagles: M. Hollins

Pittsburgh: D. Johnson

Seattle: J. Brown

Tampa Bay: B. Wilson

Titans: A. Humprhries

Washington: K. Harmon

Brandin Cooks and Phillip Dorsett are arguably the only ones having much better numbers than the rest. But the rest all have similar numbers or even less than Allison, don't know why beekay is making a big deal about calling Allison a number 3. Cobb for example is barely having a better season than Allison and has one less touchdown.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1

I shudder to think how negative things would be around here were the team 1-4 rather than 4-1.  The team has flaws, but not nearly as many as I thought it would.  My only real concern at this point is the injuries starting to mount.  If the team can stay reasonably healthy, I feel like this roster has the kind of play makers that can do some damage come playoff time.  Been a few years since I felt that way about the team.

43 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Are you really implying that GMo is a #3 wideout? Like, I'll give you MVS as the deep threat "#2" but, in no way, shape or form is GMo a #3 wideout. That's a friggin' stretch and a half. 

MVS isnt even a No. 2. He's a No. 3 deep threat guy who most games is going to give you 2-4 receptions, you just hope they are big plays. 

Allison gets open 1 time every 10 routes he runs. He's a No. 4 with zero upside. He's definitely gone next year. Wish we would see more Shepherd out there in the short area passing game.

If the Packers win these next 2 home games to get to 6-1, Gute is a fool if he's not going all in to get the best WR a team will give up, I don't care about the price.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

List of every NFL teams 3rd WR by offensive snaps. I don't even know who most of these scrubs are. @beekay414 how many of these guys are you taking over Allison this season? 12, maybe?

Completely disingenuous list tbh. Going by snaps without taking injuries into account. Quite few of those guys are only playing BECAUSE of injury. Allison was our PLANNED #3. And, regardless, using that list you still came up with 12 "maybe." That's still 72 wide receivers better than Allison. 

ARI - Isabella is their planned #3 going forward. Rookie with more talent than Allison. Hell, he may be even higher down the line due to Fitzgerald leaving.
ATL - Definitely taking Sanu over Allison
BAL - Probably not assuming Boykin is their #2 next to Hollywood. Then it's down to Snead or Roberts. Even then, it's a toss up.
BUF - Zay Jones has talent, just hasn't done anything with it so, for that reason, I'll live with GMo. That WR corps has been a problem for a while now.
CAR - Pretty sure Hogan is their #3. He's fine and right on part with Allison.
CHI - Definitely taking Miller over GMo. That one isn't even remotely close.
CIN - Definitely taking John Ross over him. Of course, he's hurt but still better.
CLE - Definitely taking Callaway. 
DAL - Cobb is their #3, not Smith. Gallup just came back.
DEN - DaeSean Hamilton is legit. Easy pick.
DET - Amendola is what he is at this point. Hurt a lot and older. So GMo by default.
HOU - Coutee easily
IND - I'll gamble on Deon Cain or Parris Campbell. Whichever you want to label their #3.
JAX - Definitely taking Dede.
KC - Definitely taking Hardman
LAC - Don't care much for their WR group outside of Allen and Williams.
LAR - No question
MIA - I like Grant. He's a slot type that we need. Quick twitch for underneath stuff. Definitely taking him over GMo.
MIN - Same thing as Grant. I like Beebe more than GMo.
NE - Dorsett is too similar to MVS so I wouldn't take him by default. 
NO - Ted Ginn would probably be their #3 if Smith was healthy. I'll take Ginn as he can do what GMo does with more physical skill. Even then, their fans will tell you they need a running mate for MT13.
NYG - Latimer is a meme on this forum obvsly. I think Slayton is their future #3 and I was an advocate for him throughout the draft process, so yes, I'd take him over GMo.
NYJ - Absolutely absymal WR group outside of Crowder and Robby.
OAK - Rag tag group as a whole. It's Williams and a bunch of JAGs so no.
PHI - Obvious.
PIT - I like Diontae Johnson so I'm definitely going with him over GMo.
SF - Deebo their #3 so far? If not, it's Pettis. He's got talent but he's like Zay Jones and hasn't used it so I'll go with GMo by default.
SEA - Jaron Brown is whatever. It's Gary Jennings that's their future at that spot. Either way, JAG central outside of Lockett and DK.
TB - Their #3 is largely irrelevant because their top 2 WRs are ******* sensational. If MVS was half the WR Godwin is, we wouldn't have a #3 problem. Plus, I don't know if they've even invested much into their #3 lately so they are in a similar situation there.
TEN - Definitely taking Humphries
WAS - Just a brutal team all around but Harmon is another rookie with upside. A gamble I'm willing to take...

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Every one of those groups had more talent than we do at the position as a whole. So you calling our group below average or does that not apply here?

Edited by beekay414

13 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And only 1 Pro Bowler if I recall correctly. I went down this road two years ago during the draft and don't remember all the specifics

(WR only)

Who gives a **** about pro bowls? lol

There's a ton of talent on that list, whether you two wanna believe it or not. It's definitely better than just a legit #1 and a "decent" group with a "TE bonus."