Week 5 Games

Leader

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

Yeah, I've seen a few people who seem caught off-guard by this, and that seems weird to me.  I 100% expected Carson to get snaps before Williams, though I thought they'd at least activate him.  I think I said on here I expected 5-8 touches where you were pleasantly ok with him being on the field, and that's about how it shook out.  Carson isn't a bad player, he's just the kind of guy the last CBA killed.  Solid vet, can eat snaps and not be a liability, but just no reason not to give a dirt cheap rookie that job because he has nothing special about him.  They tried to with Dex but he's not ready, so Carson gets to hang around a bit.  He'll be out of the NFL in a year or two and nothing will really be lost, but my heart goes out to those type of players anyway.  

That being said, no matter what happens this year he's gone next because it's hard to imagine Dexter won't at least be ready enough to be RB3, and he's just a better talent.  Dexter has some special to his ability to cut at speed, he's not quite Aaron Jones but he's got real ability at it.  He's also a decisive one cut runner with acceleration, and those are two damn good talents together in this system.  He'll get his shot, it's just not this year.

They kept Dexter Williams on the 53 man roster for 2020.  Not 2019.  Tra Carson for as aggressively pedestrian as he is, he's better than Dexter Williams in 2019.

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

it's hard to imagine Dexter won't at least be ready enough to be RB3

That's fair
He has to learn pass pro well enough to play in an uptempo offense adjusted by AR at the LOS.
That's a tall order for many of these guys, Lacy struggled early on too

Also Noted: Dexter got chewed out by MLF in TC for a mental error and he's been marginalized since then

"LaFleur changed up the flow of practice by starting with a competitive redzone period of 11-on-11 to try and improve the energy.

The first play rookie running back Dexter Williams had a blown assignment and caused LaFleur, who is normally calm and collected to yell and replace Williams with a new running back in the drill.

"It wasn't like it was a play call coming out of left field. It was something scripted. When we get out there and we don't know what we are doing and have a busted assignment, it irritates me, it doesn't make sense to me," LaFleur said."

On 10/2/2019 at 6:03 AM, Leader said:

Favorites List 5.0
Green Bay
over Dallas (H)
Seattle (H) over Los Angeles Rams - (GD change from LAR)
Tennessee (H) over Buffalo (BUF w/better record but against lesser opponents. TEN O has scored more while D has given up less)
Arizona over Cincinnati (H) - (Snoozer Game of the Week)
Chicago over Oakland (L) - (OAK doesnt have enough to win this)
New Orleans (H) over Tampa Bay - (Better teams wins. If they dont, might have to start taking TB seriously)
Minnesota over New York Giants (H) - (MN should win...but you never know. The force is strong with Danny Dimes)
Philadelphia (H) over New York Jets - (The NYJ's have nothing going for them till Darnold returns)
Baltimore over Pittsburgh (H) - Another AFCN rivalry game. Both teams are flawed - but PIT more so IMO)
New England over Washington (H) - (WA isnt tanking...but perhaps they should consider it. It would give their season purpose)
Carolina (H) over Jacksonville - (Kyle Allen over Minshew? Minshew over Allen? CAR is at home...I guess that matters)
Houston (H) over Atlanta - (HOU's about as .500 as they come and ATL cant figure out how bad they are. Coin flip game)
Los Angeles Chargers (H) over Denver - (The Elway watch is growing and Vic Fangio's wondering what he got into)
Kansas City (H) over Indianapolis - (I just cant see INDY pulling this off)
Cleveland over San Francisco (H)
Bye - Detroit ; Miami

Week 5 record:  10 + 5
YTD:  39 + 31

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Man, it is next and neck. It's the fake nice guy vs. the real d**che bro. 

Agreed. There's nothing that says we can't hate equally. Like the good book says:

Bertie Boatsman: "Ye need not hate thy brother more than thy other brother when both are sinners of similar sins. Tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of raw hatred spread evenly to all affronters."

(Leviticus I think?)

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 3

MMQB:  Week 5 Power Rankings

1. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (5-0)
2. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (4-1)
3. GREEN BAY PACKERS (4-1)
Previous rank: 7
Points in poll: 238
Highest-place vote: 1 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 5 (2 voters)
Last week’s result: Beat Dallas, 34-24
This week: vs. Detroit (Mon.) Aaron Rodgers probably cost Dak Prescott some money on Sunday afternoon, but the Pack have righted the ship after stumbling against the Eagles last week.
4. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (4-1)
5. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (4-0)
6. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (4-1)
7. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (3-2)
8. LOS ANGELES RAMS (3-2)
9. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (3-2)
10. DETROIT LIONS (2-1-1)
Previous rank: 10
Points in poll: 174
Highest-place vote: 9 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 14 (1 voter)
Last week’s result: Bye
This week: at Green Bay (Mon.) - Fresh off a bye, the Lions have a chance to build on their strong showing against the Chiefs with a primetime division matchup on Monday night in Green Bay.
11. BUFFALO BILLS (4-1)
12. DALLAS COWBOYS (3-2)
13. HOUSTON TEXANS (3-2)
14. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (3-2)
Previous rank: 13
Points in poll: 151
Highest-place vote: 8 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 20(1 voter)
Last week’s result: Beat N.Y. Giants, 28-10
This week: vs. Philadelphia - Kirk Cousins finally used his disgruntled receiving corps with some measure of success, prompting a miraculous, completely earnest postgame change of heart from Stefon Diggs.
15. BALTIMORE RAVENS (3-2)
16. CHICAGO BEARS (3-2)
Previous rank: 9
Points in poll: 136
Highest-place vote: 12 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 19 (2 voters)
Last week’s result: Lost to Oakland, 24-21
This week: Bye - The D is legit, but they will be hamstrung by one of the league’s worst offenses. The four teams with fewer points scored than the Bears this season are a combined 0-18.
17. CAROLINA PANTHERS (3-2)
18. CLEVELAND BROWNS (2-3)
19. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS (2-3)
20. OAKLAND RAIDERS (3-2)
21. TENNESSEE TITANS (2-3)
22. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (2-3)
23. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (2-3)
24. NEW YORK GIANTS (2-3)
25. PITTSBURGH STEELERS (1-4)
26. ATLANTA FALCONS (1-4)
27. DENVER BRONCOS (1-4)
28. ARIZONA CARDINALS (1-3-1)
29. CINCINNATI BENGALS (0-5)
30. NEW YORK JETS (0-4)
31. WASHINGTON REDSKINS (0-5)
32. MIAMI DOLPHINS (0-4)

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed. There's nothing that says we can't hate equally. Like the good book says:

"Ye need not hate thy brother more than thy other brother when both are sinners of similar sins. Tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of raw hatred spread evenly to all affronters."

(Leviticus I think?)

Ok this has to be a first on here. Bible quotes from incog.