Week 5 Games

Leader

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Would have been great in GB. 

RB will be an underrated need in 2020 for GB. As much as LaFleur wants to run the ball, we need to find another twichy/fast RB to pair with Jones moving forward. A guy who fits Coleman's profile would be perfect. 

Like a Dexter Williams type?

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Eh, I was high on him, but the guy might be a mental midget so we'll see. I'd give him a look in camp obviously but it wouldn't stop me from looking in FA for a low price option as well. 

Physically though, he seems like the type. Our staff apparently is looking for that mold anyway 

54 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski: Tonight says more about the Browns than the 49ers IMO, but San Francisco is legitimately good. The Browns are ... not.

It’s possible but let’s see them play a team with a winning record first. 

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Browns shouldve hired Mac. Anyone wondering the difference between a HC ready to be a HC and one who isn't look at the Browns. Yikes. LaFleur looks like a natural. Props to Murphy. 

And Gute. Bringing in high character leaders has been mentioned repeatedly thus far. Makes MLF's job that much easier

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much.  Just shows that he's got natural talent they believe in, but he's not ready to play.

Yeah, I've seen a few people who seem caught off-guard by this, and that seems weird to me.  I 100% expected Carson to get snaps before Williams, though I thought they'd at least activate him.  I think I said on here I expected 5-8 touches where you were pleasantly ok with him being on the field, and that's about how it shook out.  Carson isn't a bad player, he's just the kind of guy the last CBA killed.  Solid vet, can eat snaps and not be a liability, but just no reason not to give a dirt cheap rookie that job because he has nothing special about him.  They tried to with Dex but he's not ready, so Carson gets to hang around a bit.  He'll be out of the NFL in a year or two and nothing will really be lost, but my heart goes out to those type of players anyway.  

That being said, no matter what happens this year he's gone next because it's hard to imagine Dexter won't at least be ready enough to be RB3, and he's just a better talent.  Dexter has some special to his ability to cut at speed, he's not quite Aaron Jones but he's got real ability at it.  He's also a decisive one cut runner with acceleration, and those are two damn good talents together in this system.  He'll get his shot, it's just not this year.

• Like 1