MNF: Browns @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

relevant in the sense that you can make apologies for your team to look better and i can make apologies for my team to look better

at the end of the day you got a weak record coming into this game.  not saying you wont be the better team tonight very well may be.  i think ravens/9ers fans seem to be overlooking us tho

It's not about making apologies...you were using the final score, and only the final score to set up some sort of argument without context. The final score absolutely belied the actual circumstances of the game. You were using the final score as some indication that the teams (49ers / Pitt) were on equal footing talent wise, and again, that's not actually what happened. 

I'm actually not saying anything about this game (I picked the Browns to win, ftr, as I don't know how we stop MG with Staley out without altering entire game plans that include less play action passing, more chipping, etc), merely critiquing your argumentative point. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Vegas only has it -4.5, no? They are probably just banking on the 49ers having the bye week plus additional day in their favor while the Browns are traveling to the West Coast. But I don't think the odds are crazy or anything with the home team usually getting -3 off the bat. 

Yeah that's a legit possibility. TBH, I am a little irritated about the Browns schedule this week and next.

This week, we get SF on the road, with you guys coming off of a buy.

Next week, we get Seattle at home on a SHORT week with Seattle having an extra 3 days off.

That's not right IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah that's a legit possibility. TBH, I am a little irritated about the Browns schedule this week and next.

Next week, we get Seattle at home on a SHORT week with Seattle having an extra 3 days off.

That's not right IMO.

Yeah, I agree with that. I mean we also get the Rams on MNF at their place which sucks since they also get the additional days off by playing last Thursday. Difference is you guys get two games back to back like that. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I agree with that. I mean we also get the Rams on MNF at their place which sucks since they also get the additional days off by playing last Thursday. Difference is you guys get two games back to back like that. 

Yeah exactly. I understand getting Seattle on a long week for them...

I SOMEWHAT am skeptical of having to play it on a short week/Monday across the country.

I'm VERY skeptical of it happening back to back weeks.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's not right IMO.

Hey man, crap or get off the pot, either way, we find out what we are made of....

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Hey man, crap or get off the pot, either way, we find out what we are made of....

I don't disagree. Here's what I'm frustrated with though:

MNF vs. the 49ers coming off of a buy

Sunday vs. Seattle on a short week with them coming off of a LONG week.

Back to back weeks? That's ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't disagree. Here's what I'm frustrated with though:

MNF vs. the 49ers coming off of a buy

Sunday vs. Seattle on a short week with them coming off of a LONG week.

Back to back weeks? That's ridiculous.

Have you seen what the Raiders and Bucs have to deal with??   A ton of traveling between "away" games including one in London super brutal schedule for them both

7 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Have you seen what the Raiders and Bucs have to deal with??   A ton of traveling between "away" games including one in London super brutal schedule for them both

The Bucs is bad, but unfortunately the Raiders brought this on themselves by moving and not having a destination/stadium ready. I'm not going to feel sorry for the Oakland/LA/Las Vegas Raiders.

This is the only MNF game I actually circled to watch for like several weeks (besides Week 1 both games). Really trash MNF lineup but the Browns/49ers is a pretty good matchup. Two up and coming teams and people are still trying to gauge the Niners. 

This could be the game where one of these teams proves it is for real, especially the Niners, they can prove they are really really good. 

P.s. Baker Mayfield please don’t score 60 in fantasy. Thanks, your internet buddy you care zero f’s about B|

I only need 90 pts from OBJ & the CLE D.   There's a chance right?

On a serious note, this is where we find out how good SF & CLE really are.  A road W vs. a team coming off a bye would cement CLE's game vs. BAL as a legit sign they're here to stay.   On the other hand SF is facing their toughest opponent by far (TAM with that neutered week 1 playbook, much like yesterday, doesn't present nearly as tough a draw as when Arians lets the O take its chances, but that's another topic).

Hoping for a change in MNF fortunes and we get a barnburner.  I've got CLE +5, no way the margin should be that high.

Edited by Broncofan