2019 trade deadline.

RAINMAN

7 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Yeah, I was dead wrong. The Giants just traded a 3rd rounder in 2020 and a future 5th for Leonard Williams.

Jesus. And we couldn’t muster that? Seriously???

Yeah, I mean I think that I would have probably made that trade, but for argument's sake:

1. The Giant's 3rd round pick will be a lot earlier in the round than ours. It's possible the Jet demanded a 2nd round pick from us.
  2. For 2019 alone, it's very likely that Bennett will be a more impactful player than Williams would have been.
  3. We just invested a 2nd round pick at the position in Trysten Hill, and aren't ready to, essentially, give up on him already for the long-term.

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, I mean I think that I would have probably made that trade, but for argument's sake:

1. The Giant's 3rd round pick will be a lot earlier in the round than ours. It's possible the Jet demanded a 2nd round pick from us.
  2. For 2019 alone, it's very likely that Bennett will be a more impactful player than Williams would have been.
  3. We just invested a 2nd round pick at the position in Trysten Hill, and aren't ready to, essentially, give up on him already for the long-term.

Trading Williams makes me think that Adams might also be on the trade block. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I totally get it, and all of those positions are very fair and more than likely the case.