Who gets fired first?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What happens at coaching?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Same Time
    • Neither

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I heard the broadcast too.  Who are we replacing Chubb with exactly?  Hilliard, is that your answer?

Why would he feel the need to do that up 2 scores?  Desperate people do desperate things, this isn’t a revelation.

It’s crazy that some think the rookie HC with the 2nd year QB is supposed to be going toe to toe with the goat ffs.  

If you expect Freddie to be as good as BB, the issue isn’t Freddie.

From my couch I knew those were stupid challenges, and I would have made my decision for 4th down before sending out my punt team and burning a 5 yard penalty

And I have never coached in my life

Chubb should have sat for a series, to send a message to the rest of the team

But you weren't winning this game anyways, right? Send a message then and bench him for the remainder

28 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

6 False Starts

2 Offensive PI's

2 Terrible Challenges

3 Turnovers

Ridiculous 4th and 11 intentional penalty call

This team just doesn't show up ready to play, and that's on the Coach

6 false starts are an issue. ill give you that but you think Freddie is just letting those slip. You know he harps on those and rides his position coaches to clean those things up.

2 offensive PIs. I dont remember the other one but the pick play, come TF on!!! Vs Seattle, on the same kind of play, the Browns had a WR they targetted get cleaned up by a LB and it doesnt get called DPI. Now the Browns do it again this week and there is a lot less physical contact and the WR did get his head around to look for the ball and they call OPI

2 Terrible challenges, they were bad

3 TOs? what is freddie suppose to do to Chubb. Chubb isnt known as a fumbler and the past few weeks he has fumbled 3 times. One was a crazy one cause his teammate kicks it out of his arm and the other the defender forces. DL then makes a great play on a shuttle pass. Again how are those on freddie?

There are going to be growing pains with this team. They are going to be rough cause the team is so young as well. Doesnt have vets to lean

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Heres the real question, does OBJ even exist on this team? He has played in 7 games and outside of the Jets game I cant remember a time he really made a impact at all, in any game. When he does get targeted it seems like he drops 50% of the balls thrown to him. Im super unimpressed tbh with him so far. He has been the furthest thing from a difference maker that he is labeled as

OBJ has been such a disappointment so far. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

OBJ has been such a disappointment so far. 

Massively, its like I dont even remember hes on the team 1/2 the time. Im not sure if thats horrible play calling not dialing up more plays for him or if he is just flat out not getting open. But we sure dont target him like on of the top 5 WRs in the NFL like Hopkins/Julio/Green/Adams/Thomas does. You feel thier impact in every game, OBJ not so much

17 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Chubb should have sat for a series, to send a message to the rest of the team

Nowwwwwwwwww 

you lost me

Chubb is the only thing we got going. First fumble is a freaking kick from our o lineman 

second was a great defensive play when Chubb literally went Superman trying to score. 

• Like 1

The only reason you fire Kitchens is if you think Mayfield's soph slump is on coaching. The lack of attention and discipline sucks but it's not drastically changing wins/losses....unless that's precisely the reason the QB isn't playing as well.

There are issues of a young team and situational playcalls but the biggest problem with this season is the franchise QB regressing. Last season Kitchens was credited with the offensive turnaround and Mayfield's success, now this season he's the problem?

There haven't been hardly any rookie QBs to play as well as Mayfield did then come back the next year and play as poorly. The closest is RG3. And frighteningly, there's similarities to both situations. Griffin was declared a star after his first few starts and had a lot more pull than he probably ought to have had going into his 2nd year. He basically dictated some things to the coaches about how the offense should run....then sucked when they did what he he wanted and took away some of the Baylor stuff. In this case, Mayfield's preference for Kitchens certainly carried a lot of weight in the HC search. Not saying it was right or wrong, but the similarity in a 2nd yr QB having that kind of pull, is interesting.

Edited by BrownLeader

31 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

The problem I see is we now hit the easier part of our schedule. We might and should win most of the rest of our games.

This will gloss over the terrible coaching. My hope is that with these wins comes improved coaching. But if we win without real improvements in coaching we have to think long and hard about moving on from Freddie at seasons end 

Exactly with the talent we have we shouldn’t lose more than one more game this season.

Denver and Buffalo have good defenses but their both really bad on offense

Steelers are on their 3rd string QB, even if Rudolph comes back we should sweep them

The Dolphins and Bengals are really bad 

Arizona isn’t terrible but we should beat them 

And we end the season with Baltimore at home

If I had any confidence in Freddie I’d believe we could win at least 8 of our last 9 but I think we lose a couple of games we should win

What kind of message do you think the locker room or potential offseason additions will think we are building by firing a coach 7 games in, a year removed from an interim HC? Just gotta steady the ship. No choice but to ride it out and try to build some stability. I’m right there with every frustration already voiced. I get it, but it’s just not a move that makes sense, for many reasons. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

The problem I see is we now hit the easier part of our schedule. We might and should win most of the rest of our games.

This will gloss over the terrible coaching. My hope is that with these wins comes improved coaching. But if we win without real improvements in coaching we have to think long and hard about moving on from Freddie at seasons end 

but why is freddie so bad? He is learning on the job while also playing teams where literally he has no room for error. You look at college teams, they always schedule the easy small school team, so it gives them that room for error. That they can schedule a team that you can make mistakes, figure things out, and still win. They have played the 8th hardest schedule so far. Out of the other teams that have played harder. The saints are 6-1 and the Raiders are 3-3 (this was all before this week. So the Browns can move up to even harder after facing the pats. Other 5 teams ahead of the Browns have 2 wins or less. 

You just wish he could have learned things vs lesser teams so he could be more prepare vs the better teams. Now I want to see better football, a lot better football vs these bad teams. We learned and took our lumps, lets start seeing it paying off

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, buno67 said:

but why is freddie so bad? He is learning on the job while also playing teams where literally he has no room for error. You look at college teams, they always schedule the easy small school team, so it gives them that room for error. That they can schedule a team that you can make mistakes, figure things out, and still win. They have played the 8th hardest schedule so far. Out of the other teams that have played harder. The saints are 6-1 and the Raiders are 3-3 (this was all before this week. So the Browns can move up to even harder after facing the pats. Other 5 teams ahead of the Browns have 2 wins or less. 

You just wish he could have learned things vs lesser teams so he could be more prepare vs the better teams. Now I want to see better football, a lot better football vs these bad teams. We learned and took our lumps, lets start seeing it paying off

I think he put together some nice offensive gameplans the last couple weeks.  He moved the ball all over the Seahawks.  He ran for 150 yards and 7 ypc against this defense.  I can't really fault him for the offense fumbling 3 consecutive snaps and handing them a 17-0 lead immediately.

• Like 1

Freddie telling the media " Go ask Higgins about 2 weeks ago again He might have a different answer."

Then the media literally goes to Rashard Higgins and says "Freddie told us to ask you again about 2

Then the media's follow-ups questions were framed in ways to cause a juicy headline and stir up conflict.

Thankfully, HIggins handled it well and did the "we're on to Denver."

Freddie still doesn't get it.. Hue didn't get it in year 2; tons of other coaches don't get it either: you don't give the media gifts that can lead to distractions and division amongst elements of the team. There's nothing to gain by Freddie saying what he did. Just say "we're on to Denver." Don't explain yourself to the media.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Freddie telling the media " Go ask Higgins about 2 weeks ago again He might have a different answer."

Then the media literally goes to Rashard Higgins and says "Freddie told us to ask you again about 2

Then the media's follow-ups questions were framed in ways to cause a juicy headline and stir up conflict.

Thankfully, HIggins handled it well and did the "we're on to Denver."

Freddie still doesn't get it.. Hue didn't get it in year 2; tons of other coaches don't get it either: you don't give the media gifts that can lead to distractions and division amongst elements of the team. There's nothing to gain by Freddie saying what he did. Just say "we're on to Denver." Don't explain yourself to the media.

When people annoy me i love reacting and scolding them. Neatly got into with a big fat ***** dr last night. Doesnt go well for you in part of life though