BDL 2019 Week 6 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

SirA1

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:01 AM

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I do get why it's badd form to vote against yourself but in this case I mean let's be real, its deserved. I anticipated Nelson, not Jackson or Cobb. But stuff happens. 

Also it doesnt benefit me to tank, I dont even own my 1st or 2nd round pick lol

Not disagreeing.  Just letting you know for the future.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 4:07 PM, SirA1 said:

We are going to let the situation dictate whether we are running zone or man

On 10/13/2019 at 4:07 PM, SirA1 said:

We are gonna use a mix of zone and man against all formations.

I'm not sure how to work with stuff like this. The defense has to have some kind of focus. Just saying things like this make it hard for me to really evaluate a matchup. No teams run man and zone back and forth so much that there's no focus for their game plan, do they? Maybe I'm mistaken. Injuries aside, I feel like this is more of the 'vague plague' I've been talking about recently. It just seems like a way to cover your bases without actually having to commit to a strategy.

All that said, Berlin is getting healthy and is a very good team and I think they win here.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm not sure how to work with stuff like this. The defense has to have some kind of focus. Just saying things like this make it hard for me to really evaluate a matchup. No teams run man and zone back and forth so much that there's no focus for their game plan, do they? Maybe I'm mistaken. Injuries aside, I feel like this is more of the 'vague plague' I've been talking about recently. It just seems like a way to cover your bases without actually having to commit to a strategy.

All that said, Berlin is getting healthy and is a very good team and I think they win here.

So I wasnt sure how to word that. I didnt mean to imply I was just going to flip flop back and forth. I like our ability in our opponent attempting to stretch the field, to play man against them. If our CBs were healthy that is.

When I said I'd let the situation dictate the usage, here is what I meant. In situations where I felt safely it would me a short to middle passing attack I'd likely use mainly zone but mix in man to not be completely predictable.

And longer passing, more man. But where I'm not letting the situation dictate it is that I'm not allowing the down and distance to be the determining factor as much as the opposing personnel on the field. 

Does that make more sense? I'm trying to get a handle on how best to phrase the things I'm trying to say in my gameplans. Sorry for the confusion 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 11:26 AM, Ragnarok said:

I appreciate the honesty.

Two points.  1.  I always go through and check the inactives about 45 minutes before the games start to make sure I'm not missing anything for the noon games.  That's how I knew about Donte and Nelson.  Sometimes a random like Cobb will show up, but it at least mitigates some of the inactive issues.  2.  It's long been considered bad form to vote against yourself.  We had guys do that to try and give them a worse overall record for draft positioning.  Not saying you are doing that at all, just giving you some background.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

@wwhickok This is the link I use to check the injury report every week. By Saturday it will tell you who is questionable, doubtful, out, etc. It's pretty useful for if you're trying to keep up with injuries.

• Like 1