NFL Week 7 GDT

SteelKing728

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Tell that your mod friend too. Oh wait...

And then we're back to square one where you're failing to understand the burden of proof. You made a claim that they're yes men. The onus is on you to back up that opinion, it is not on someone else to then prove to you that they're not.

If I come in and say, JustAnotherFan is a murderer, it is my job to prove that fact. I can't simply say, that's my opinion, take it for what it is, it's up to you to prove that you're not.

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree but as much as I like Peters, I hate to think how Julio wouldve done to him a few times this game that couldve been a difference in this game right now. Like aside from the Falcons being terrible this season Ryan has been great so far and the Rams arent letting him do anything. I would say thats the Ramsey effect because Wade knows he can put him on Julio and not worry about trying to adjust his defense towards help. With Peters Im sure Wade wouldve had some help majority of the time with Peters defending Julio. Plus Ramsey showed on that forced fumble he isnt afraid of sticking his nose and making a tackle. Peters werent doing that. 

One good tackle doesn't erase the fact that Ramsey has had some inconsistent effort in that regard this year.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

He just isn't good. When he needs to win a game it is not going well usually. He is a game manager.

Has he been as gun shy as he is this season in N.E? I don't think he isn't good but more likely not a great QB he was paid like. I'll give a pass this season tho, remember Brady wasn't as good he normally is when he came back from injury.

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree but as much as I like Peters, I hate to think how Julio wouldve done to him a few times this game that couldve been a difference in this game right now. Like aside from the Falcons being terrible this season Ryan has been great so far and the Rams arent letting him do anything. I would say thats the Ramsey effect because Wade knows he can put him on Julio and not worry about trying to adjust his defense towards help. With Peters Im sure Wade wouldve had some help majority of the time with Peters defending Julio. Plus Ramsey showed on that forced fumble he isnt afraid of sticking his nose and making a tackle. Peters werent doing that. 

We know how Julio would have done him.  See "Thomas, Michael" last year the first time we played the Saints (when Talib was out injured).  Peters got absolutely clowned.

A lot of folks (more specifically other fans, not so much Rams fans) need to grasp that this was as much a move for the team moving forward as it was for attempting to salvage this season.  Talib, Peters, and NRC are all UFA's in 2020; that's the Rams' top 3 CB's.  Peters hadn't made a strong enough case to merit the kind of extension he's seeking.  Talib may be back, but it will be price dependent and he hasn't played a full season for us yet due to injuries. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

He just isn't good. When he needs to win a game it is not going well usually. He is a game manager.

He hasn't been put in a position to really have to win a game yet, but I agree that this is where I stand with him. He's one of those guys who has some situations where he'll look very good, but clearly very flawed.