Jockeying for the Playoffs

vike daddy

The Los Angeles Rams’ playoff scenarios are pretty complex, especially with how competitive the NFC West has been this season. They can’t win the division, though, as that will be either the Seattle Seahawks or San Francisco 49ers. The Rams are trying to chase down a Wild Card spot in the NFC playoffs and the NFL schedule isn’t going to do them any favors. The first step in all of these NFL playoff scenarios is that the Rams need to win their final four games.

Getting to 11-5 on the season, with wins against the Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys, 49ers, and Arizona Cardinals will put the team in a good position. But they are now going to need some help. If the Green Bay Packers beat the Minnesota Vikings in Week 16 and the Rams finish the season at 11-5, the Rams are in the playoffs. 

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/sport/nfl/los-angeles-rams-playoff-scenarios-wild-card-still-possible/?fbclid=IwAR2N-sxQnsHEemJH9hGF9_OeOzuiWhjPAtrLjJ_JJvmBdoqQgaOhT0qdOys

10 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Nothing is guaranteed. Take the Seattle win.

Yeah, a Seattle win is for the best for the Vikings playoff chances. By losing to Seattle last week the Vikings will lose to Seattle in any tie breaks so the odds of passing them are low. The Vikings have a better chance of passing the Niners for the 5th seed IMO so I would rather see Seattle win the division.

Plus, the Rams are the team closest to knocking the Vikings out of the playoffs all together so seeing them lose would increase the Vikings chances of making the playoffs.

All that said, I am rooting for the Rams even knowing the Seattle win would be the best for the Vikings playoff chances. I just can't bring myself to root for Seattle. It is more likely that the Vikings playoff seed will be unaffected by the outcome of the game. And if the Vikings lose enough for the Rams to pass them for the last wild card loss I don't think that it really matters that much. Backing into the playoffs like that is hardly better than missing the playoffs. I want the Vikings to make it to the playoffs because they are winning their games.

• Like 4