Week 8 GDT - Raiders at Texans

agarcia34

Just now, big_palooka said:

Defense has needed a lot of help for 15+ years. It's actually just laughable at this stage.

Keeping Houston though to 27 is better than we expected.

11 Penalties.. Williams not coming down with close catches. That Incognito hold. Comes down to clutch plays that weren’t made whereas Watson makes them. 

but yes, for the last however many years the defense has been bad. Hasn’t delivered a clutch play in how long nor taken over a game. They’re just kinda there on the field each game. 

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

This defense has improved in some area Mack would have made a key play somewhere in a game like this.

What ifs are cute, but it is what it is.

if we had Mack we’d have a decent defense, but we’d be without our two best offensive players, Jacobs and TB. 

Gruden is an offensive guy and decided to roll with building an identity on offense. 

10 minutes ago, Geezy said:

We’re just a bunch of role players on defense, a game changer or 3 on that side of the ball would do us some good. 

When you pick in the top 5 you need to get a game changer, unfortunately it looks like we didn’t. 

• Like 1

We’re on the brink of some good things. A lot of guys choose to focus on the negatives but there are a ton of good things going on with this team. Offense is another WR away from being really good. Gruden has developed an identity on offense behind the OL and Jacobs. Carr has played well, were not asking him to put the team on his shoulders and win games but he’s managing the offense Mixing in some big time throws and keeping us in games, I hope we stick with him, to be honest. Can’t wait for Zay Jones to get up to speed, I think he can help. 

the defense needs a ton of help. Thankfully we get Abram back, it’s like we’ll have 3 first rounders next year. Really want a WR in round 1 but wouldn’t be mad if we double dipped on defensive help.

We’re A lot closer than I thought we would be.

• Like 4

I agree. Should have gone for that fourth.

It sucks to lose but this team has some good things going for them. Our offense has looked good the past two weeks aside from the turnovers. The Green Bay game was much closer than the score would indicate. We hung with two of the better teams in the league on their home field the past few weeks. We have four very winnable games coming up. Hope Hudson is okay but the rookie held his own. Let's see if we do anything with that Conley pick. I hate that he made that play but ty should have held on and he got away with pi. He will continue to give up big plays .