BDL 2019 Week 8: Hungary Hippos @ Singapore Sentinels

TedLavie

Who wins  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Hungary Hippos
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2019 at 04:01 AM

I'm gonna go Singapore. I like Hungary's idea to try to attack a player on the defense of Singapore, but just attacking one guy on the interior of a defense isn't going to be enough in a game like this, especially when you're facing a defense that's going to relentlessly blast you, whether your plan is to get rid of it quickly or not. Dillard, while better than Solder for sure is going against one of the best pass rushers in the league, and like Sira said you can't double team anyone because of how good they all are. 

59 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm gonna go Singapore. I like Hungary's idea to try to attack a player on the defense of Singapore, but just attacking one guy on the interior of a defense isn't going to be enough in a game like this, especially when you're facing a defense that's going to relentlessly blast you, whether your plan is to get rid of it quickly or not. Dillard, while better than Solder for sure is going against one of the best pass rushers in the league, and like Sira said you can't double team anyone because of how good they all are. 

It was attack the Kendricks AND condense the formation to be able to hit the outside routes because it forces the CBs to try to cover for longer areas of the field. I also talked about how to get the running game going so it isn't as simplified as you make it out to be honestly.  

5 minutes ago, PR said:

It was attack the Kendricks AND condense the formation to be able to hit the outside routes because it forces the CBs to try to cover for longer areas of the field. I also talked about how to get the running game going so it isn't as simplified as you make it out to be honestly.  

No you're right, I didnt mean to make it seem simple. I'm in a rush today and I'm trying to express my votes as best as possible. I think attacking Kendricks is your best shot, like you planned, but the defense as a whole is good enough to overcome a one dimensional player that may be a weakness.

Excellent game plans by each.  I think the OL of Singapore struggles more in this game.  Also, Moreau isn't a threat in the passing game yet and neither Davis or Mecole is consistent enough yet to scare a defense.  

So I think Sing struggles to execute their gameplan more than Hungary.  

I really like Singapore’s defense and their pass rush particularly against Goff. I trust Rodgers and Bell to make enough plays against a tough defense to create opportunities for pass rush opportunities that distrust Goff.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 8:26 PM, SirA1 said:

I know no one but Rags cares about this but....

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-cornerback-rankings-week-8-2019

Wow, it'd be crazy if someone had 4 of those top 20 CBs plus an all pro caliber talent like, I don't know...Jalen Ramsey or something? That'd be pretty crazy.

Anyways, I like Hungary here. Think they'll just get slightly more offense going than Singapore.

For reference, I think it was very close but I don't see Wichita being able to take advantage of Singapore's line to put Rodgers off enough given the form he's in. On the flip, Singapore's pass-rush is too good at the moment and the back 7 are in great form too.