Week 9 GDT: Browns @ Broncos

BroncoSojia

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Myles Garrett vs Garrett Bolles - perfect watching for Halloween week.

I’m dead serious when I say this - Bolles will earn every holding penalty he gets this week.  Why?  Bill Vinovich’s crew is historically one of the lowest to call O holding.   Bolles tackling technique will get the most amount of leeway this Sunday. 

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-referee-betting-trends-vinovich-blakeman-conference-championships-2019

Vinovich’s crew is also notorious for the NFCG non-call, if the name seems familiar. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You’re really big on these coming out parties. Were you the one predicting Fants coming out party against the chiefs?

Yeah I was and it would of happened if he could catch the dammmm ball lol.

"They can't all be first round picks." Will Ferrell other guys referring to eva mendez being ugly. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

I want a win - just as I do with every game. Let the draft picks fall where they do. 

Seriously - I cannot understand any fans, in any sport, who want their teams to lose a game. 

Once you get into the habit of losing it is very hard to get out of it - just look at the Browns.

You can't understand why fans would want their respective teams to lose in certain situations? W/o us going 4-12 in 2010, we don't get Von Miller, and we don't win Super Bowl 50. I'm sorry but this view is myopic as hell.

Just think everyone, we're good coaching away from being in playoff contention. Losing 3 games in the last 30 seconds when you have a lead comes down to coaching. You're team not being prepared to play KC comes down to coaching. For all of the heat that Elway gets, and yes he hired the coach, Fangio and his staff are a REAL problem. 

Just look at what John Fox did with Tebow. He had the team ready to play and succeed. If Fangio coached that team, we would've been 1 and 15. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:
17 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

I want a win - just as I do with every game. Let the draft picks fall where they do. 

Seriously - I cannot understand any fans, in any sport, who want their teams to lose a game. 

Once you get into the habit of losing it is very hard to get out of it - just look at the Browns.

You can't understand why fans would want their respective teams to lose in certain situations? W/o us going 4-12 in 2010, we don't get Von Miller, and we don't win Super Bowl 50. I'm sorry but this view is myopic as hell.

I'm with jolly. I know there are times where losing would be better but I can't make myself root for a loss, especially while watching the game. This isn't a year where you are going to pick at the top no matter how hard you tank so you won't have your pick of the litter so everything still depends on the teams picking ahead of you so I don't think it is worth it to tank, teams already have been doing that from the beginning of the season and it's too late to catch up.

That said, I do hope with you that the Broncos lose this week, but I'm a Browns fan.

As a Browns fan, this game should be tough for us. I think we should win, but it's far from a sure thing. Our offense is still out of sync, so your defense could give us problems.

And I'm not sure if Flacco being out is a good thing or not for the Browns. He's a limited QB, but you know what you're getting out of him. Allen is more of an unknown so he might be harder to gameplan for. Maybe he'll surprise and play well for you guys or maybe he'll be terrible. Obviously I'm hoping for the latter option.

The theme to Cleveland's season has been reoccurring mistakes and basically just shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again. If that theme continues on Sunday, then you guys could very well win.

6 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

So the team went 4-12 so it could get Miller ? - Bowlen hired McDisaster just so we could get the second pick in the draft?

Seriously - scratching-head-smiley-emoticon.gif

I just don't get why people support a team and want them to lose

12 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

So the team went 4-12 so it could get Miller ? - Bowlen hired McDisaster just so we could get the second pick in the draft?

Seriously - scratching-head-smiley-emoticon.gif

I just don't get why people support a team and want them to lose

I think ownership does go through phases you're telling me the Eagles after 14 years of Andy Reid they thought Chip was going to win a superbowl with them lol?

Shanny same deal he was here so long ownership has Lee way to make a bold hire. Vj was hired after just winning a superbowl I hope Elway and Ellis got the help they needed lol.

Edited by thebestever6

6 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Just look at what John Fox did with Tebow. He had the team ready to play and succeed. If Fangio coached that team, we would've been 1 and 15. 

How about a bit of perspective - 

Lets see -

OL - Franklin, Kuper, Walton, Beadles, Clady

WR - Thomas, Royal, Decker

TE - Julius Thomas

Let's look at the defence 

Dumervil, Miller, DJ, Woodyard, CHJ, Dawkins, Champ.

And we actually had a punter in Colquitt. 

Are you seriously telling me that Fangio and his staff have better offensive players and that he couldn't have done anything with those players on defence?  On top of that - Mike McCoy was OC - have you forgotten that one ?

Again -

scratching-head-smiley-emoticon.gif

8 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Are you seriously telling me that Fangio and his staff have better offensive players and that he couldn't have done anything with those players on defence?  On top of that - Mike McCoy was OC - have you forgotten that one ?

I think there's a nucleus being built similar to that offense in 2011 that's headlined by Drew Lock. So time will tell if Drew isnt it , most likely sets us back to 2021 because we could of got a mean wr to pair with Sutton in AJ Brown.

If Drew is the guy than we're in business as a franchise.  Sling shot engaged. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

If Fangio coached that team, we would've been 1 and 15. 

Fangio actually reminds me of John Fox a little in some good ways. The big difference and key difference is that Fangio isn't afraid to play young players. That's critical because young players developing are the core for future runs.

• Like 1