Week 9 GDT: Green Bay Packers (7-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-5)

Cakeshoppe

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Play defense ultra conservatively and hope the opposing offense makes a mistake, can work if they turn the ball over and our offense is playing well.

When neither is happening, you get shellacked like this.

You just can't. A showing like this was a long time coming. I can't think of one great defense whose foundation was flat footed football

Edited by cannondale

A lot of things went right on the road to 7-1.  Pretty much everything went wrong today, and now the team is at 7-2.  All things considered, I'll take it.  By next Sunday, today's **** show will be a distant memory, and there will be a whole new set of reasons to be happy/angry about how the team looks.

• Like 2

Aaron Rodgers: "This was a good learning experience for us. I don't think we were locked in from the start unfortunately. the focus wasn't there from the start. We have to look in the mirror and be honest with our performance, myself included."

• Bill Huber:  Got to his the reset button, LaFleur says.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt LaFleur: "I gotta do a lot better job of putting our guys in position. We didn't really even get into the gameplan. We were pretty fortunate to be down 9-0 at halftime. Offensively, no rhythm "whatsoever."

At least he's honest

• Like 1

Every so often....the Packers decide to lay on egg.

Watch a lot of Chargers games.....you can run the ball right at them up the gut.  But for some reason, that was not the game plan today.  The game plan in the first half apparently called for lots of passing....or Rodgers checked out of the play.   There was no tempo or rhythm.  Rodgers always took the play clock to under 5 seconds time and time again.

My fear was that when Adams came back the offense would digress and turn into the Rodgers to Adams show.....it did.  Rodgers looked at him as the first option on what looked like the majority of passing plays.

Can someone tell me what makes Martinez so indispensable?  Is Clark hurt?  Why did we give that new contract to Lowry?  Boy would Mike Pennell look good in a Packer uniform again as he looked great today against the Vikings.  Can we ever turn our special teams around?

Luckily....this was only one game.  I expect a better effort next week.

For the record, I do not think it is a coincidence that the offense lapsed right back into it's stagnant ways with the return of Adams.  Adams is easily the teams best WR, and nobody is more aware of that than Rodgers. I had real hope that the success of the offense while Adams was sidelined would at least trigger some kind of reduction in Rodgers tunnel vision for Adams in the passing game.  No such luck.

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

Every so often....the Packers decide to lay on egg.

Watch a lot of Chargers games.....you can run the ball right at them up the gut.  But for some reason, that was not the game plan today.  The game plan in the first half apparently called for lots of passing....or Rodgers checked out of the play.   There was no tempo or rhythm.  Rodgers always took the play clock to under 5 seconds time and time again.

My fear was that when Adams came back the offense would digress and turn into the Rodgers to Adams show.....it did.  Rodgers looked at him as the first option on what looked like the majority of passing plays.

Can someone tell me what makes Martinez so indispensable?  Is Clark hurt?  Why did we give that new contract to Lowry?  Boy would Mike Pennell look good in a Packer uniform again as he looked great today against the Vikings.  Can we ever turn our special teams around?

Luckily....this was only one game.  I expect a better effort next week.

Clark doesn't look hurt to me but who knows.  He likes to jump gaps, sometimes taking him out of others.  Also just missing on a lot of plays, it's a tough position.  As far as what makes Martinez indispensable, I mean when the Chargers went full run offense to win the game we were playing our dime defense, 4DL, 1LB, 6 DB ( unless I missed someone).  Do we even have a 2nd linebacker on the team?

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

For the record, I do not think it is a coincidence that the offense lapsed right back into it's stagnant ways with the return of Adams.  Adams is easily the teams best WR, and nobody is more aware of that than Rodgers. I had real hope that the success of the offense while Adams was sidelined would at least trigger some kind of reduction in Rodgers tunnel vision for Adams in the passing game.  No such luck.

Then thats on our rookie HC to correct.

Coverages on the other WRs/RBs couldnt have gotten harder with Adams on the field. AR just needs to keep up with the full distribution - and MLF needs to point that out / make sure it happens.

I cant discount the effect the pass rush may have contributed to this....although I'm not clear about that either.

6 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

Clark doesn't look hurt to me but who knows.

Clark misses Daniels - or some other WIDE BODY in the middle next to him.
Is he working some injury? Yes. It that the reason he's getting pushed around? I dont think so - not fully at least.

I said it elsewhere - we're getting gashed up the middle - and to my knowledge / recollection at least - since the DET game have been "challenged" deep.

Teams are letting it fly on us. While Savage was out - that was the excuse/reason. Well.................? 

Edited by Leader